TCC problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCC problem

im kinda shocked cause i searched and found this to be a normal problem that slipped by me in the past 2+years.

when i was reading, a lot of people had problems with slipping in their 1-2 gears and something about shacking, didnt quiet get that one, but my problem is in 4th. the rpms will jump up and down about 2-3hundred rpms in a pretty even pulse.

i talked to my foreman and tranny guy and they both agreed that it was a problem in this area and they both agreed on how to fix it which there are like 3 or 4 ways to do it.

can you guys tell me your simptom when this stuff happened to you?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

can you explain more what exlacy its doing ??

i can't let off the gas to far or mine unlocks lol
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

well, when im cruising under light throttle, my rpms will smoothly and at a solid rytham go up and down about 2-3hundred rpms at alittle below 2K rpms but i think it does it at higher rpms like 2500 when im cruising at about 80mph. i describe this to my foreman and tranny guy and they said that is a problem with the torque converter clutch slipping. then they told me 4 different ways we could fix it. well when i searched on here, there was talk about it happening in 1-2gear and mine doesnt do it. i was just wanting people with this simular problem to describe it to me and tell me how they fixed it.

viper, dont you have an aftermarket tc?

Comment

yeah i have PI 3800 stall anything under 55MPH and its hard to stay locked

if its going up and down like that...... sound like thats your problem

whem mine lock i know it locks it feels like a 5th gear..... it is not harsh, when it unlock the Rpms just go back to where it was

do you have any code's? usally the PCM will pick it up

could try tranny fluid but i rember post a long time ago about people's autos surging and it was something with the TCC and vavle........ ummm forget what it is exalcy

i would replace the TCC with a mild stall, with lock up (will cost less then a new one from GM)flush the hole system and add freash fluid and filter
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

well the fluid is fine other than its probably the original and im at 88K right now.

there is no need to the change the converter, the converter is not the problem and replacing it wouldnt fix it. its a problem with the pressure from what i understand. they discussed first trying to replace the spring. then if that doesnt work, i believe they mentioned the tcc or maybe the valve. after that if it still doesnt fix it, drill a hole in the vavle body next to the hole to get more fluid behind the spring to help it then if all else fails, i have to replace the vavle body.

i do plain on flushing the tranny and everything when im in there though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X