overspray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overspray

My boss painted an airplane part outside yesterday and covered my firebird in over spray. Its not too major and he said he would pay to have it repainted but hes cool and I dont want him to have to do that if unnecessary, just wondering how to go about getting it off if possible and also what to get it off the windows with? Thanks

Originally posted by red01maro:
    My boss painted an airplane part outside yesterday and covered my firebird in over spray. Its not too major and he said he would pay to have it repainted but hes cool and I dont want him to have to do that if unnecessary, just wondering how to go about getting it off if possible and also what to get it off the windows with? Thanks
    if you had a good coat of wax on the car remove the wax first may be the best thing to try

other then that im not sure
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

im pretty sure gasoline would take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by CAMAROWIDBASS:
        im pretty sure gasoline would take it off.
        should be like use the gas and have the hose right there do small spot at a time the gas will eat your clear coat
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Use a polishing compound and an orbital buffer
          - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Dont use gas ull **** the car up
            Go to autozone or some auto parts store and buy some clay, use the clay and it will pull off the overspray then buff out the car and itll look brand new and shiny. Trust me i detail cars for a living and the clay works awesome

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneCamaro:
              Dont use gas ull **** the car up
              Go to autozone or some auto parts store and buy some clay, use the clay and it will pull off the overspray then buff out the car and itll look brand new and shiny. Trust me i detail cars for a living and the clay works awesome
              Ding ding ding ding....InsaneCamaro get the points with the correct answer. CLAY BAR
              Cardomain

Comment

Clay bar at first and try other things...

but gasoline can be used a little bit if you have some difficult spots just make sure you rinse it off later too...

Comment

Sounds like Im going to try the clay bar idea then go from there. Thanks for the help guys

Comment

try washing first (dawn dish liquid is a good choice), if you had any dirt on your car, the paint will not stick (see laziness can be useful).

clay bar second (although it never hurts -- makes the car shiny).

if that fails, use 3m polishing/rubbing compound.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X