Terrible water leak....need some help!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrible water leak....need some help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible water leak....need some help!!!

hi, i have a terrible leak on my passenger side. i have ttops but i'm not certain its coming from there. it rained like crazy in Houston yesterday. my passenger floorboard had about 2 inches of water in the front and the rear area was soaked. i guess this isn't that uncommon with ttops. however, the front part of my headliner was soaked!! it was wet from side to side and about 8 inches back. water was dripping from the headliner onto my console and hvac unit. i noticed some water dripping from the a-pillar, too. i took my t-tops off and didn't notice any water/moisture in that area. is it possible that the windshield weather strip is leaky? just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the front part of the headliner getting soaked from a heavy rain. thanks for any help.

soudns a little crazy...

check eht seal between the window and the t-top weatherstripping, when the window is shut.

the common spot for t-top weatherstripping leaks is above the pillars. under the screws. water comes in the t-top then is channeled into the plastic tabs and goes down through the weatherstripping.

The common leak you can try first, is there is a seal under the plastic tabs that are screwed in. Between the metal t-top area and the rubber weatherstripping. Put black silicone sealant under it.

common leaks is it comes down the a-pillars then ends up on the front floor board by the front of the door.

Then on the rear floorboard, under the sail panel.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Mine leaked a little there for awhile but it wasn't weatherstripping being faulty. Somehow my window wouldnt line up right it would look like it was rolled up all the way but there would be just enough of a crack after you shut the door that rain would be able to get in on my drivers side. When i noticed that i just roll up the windows with the door open so that it goes up all the way and i havent had a problem since.

Comment

yours leaked from the window onto the headliner area? it appears as my windows are tight around the seals but i'll recheck them. thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X