Car turns over, doesnt start.....maybe the fuel pump? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car turns over, doesnt start.....maybe the fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car turns over, doesnt start.....maybe the fuel pump?

Hi guys,
    This week i have been having nothing but camaro problems! It started sunday, i was driving at like 30mph and i gassed it to pass a car ut the gears wouldnt shift and it felt like there was no power....stopped at a stop light and the problem seemed like it was gone, everything was fine for the ride home. Then the next day it happened again so i turned around and went home. On the way home the car kept jerking and stalled several times. Then i got it in the driveway and it wouldnt even start. I can hear the starter working and it just wont start....actually once and every while it will start for 4 seconds but shutter and die and if i even hit the gas alittle it dies. I got a running too lean on both bank code before it completely died. I changed the filter which was dirty after i saw it, but that didnt get it started. So i think its the pump what do you think? I might go and get a fuel pressure tester.

Any help is very much thanked!
    Eddie
    Mods: <br />MAF! removed, KN filter, 2.5 Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, and this week a NX system thanks to 12secdream. Carsoud cat in the mail. Cutout with qtec cover in the mail.<p>soon to come:<br />3.42\'s or 3.73\'s depends on price of reprogram, LSD, LCAs, 1 inch drop, turbo/SC not decided yet, Cam, rockers. I HATE MY V6, IM A SELF HATING V6 OWNER! MAYBE ILL JUST SELL THE V6 FOR A V8. I THINK NOT!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! THIS V6 IS GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ***

Not sure what the true symptoms of a bad fuel pump are, but it sure sounds like a burned out pump to me...
    Is there a way to test the electrical connections to it?
    sigpic

Comment

i forgot to mention something else, i smell a gas smell sometimes after it starts for like 30 seconds and it just dies
      Mods: <br />MAF! removed, KN filter, 2.5 Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, and this week a NX system thanks to 12secdream. Carsoud cat in the mail. Cutout with qtec cover in the mail.<p>soon to come:<br />3.42\'s or 3.73\'s depends on price of reprogram, LSD, LCAs, 1 inch drop, turbo/SC not decided yet, Cam, rockers. I HATE MY V6, IM A SELF HATING V6 OWNER! MAYBE ILL JUST SELL THE V6 FOR A V8. I THINK NOT!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! THIS V6 IS GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ***

Comment

I had a similar problem and it was the fuel pump that needed replacing.

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...135;p=1#000000
        97 Camaro 3.8 M5<br />Red<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow full 3\" catback<br />Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat<br />Gotta love it.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/849743/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/849743/1</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X