just got A 1998 V6 with 88606 miles am I infor it??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just got A 1998 V6 with 88606 miles am I infor it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got A 1998 V6 with 88606 miles am I infor it???

I traided my 1996 (looked like new) white v6 with 74995 miles for
    a 1998 Silver v6 but it has 88606 miles ...am I a fool and what should I worry about breaking first....What should i check?????

Why did you do that? It's only 2 years newer with 14k more miles.
    <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

Maybe he wanted the new front end or something, otherwise not much difference.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I have ben lusting after the new front end from the day I got the 1996 ( and that was 5 months ago), It was just going to drive my nuts ...So I found one I could make a traid with and still make payments.
        Any thoughts on what to checkout under the hood ?
        What do I need to look for??

[ January 01, 2004: Message edited by: Graham ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Graham:
          Any thoughts on what to checkout under the hood ?
          What do I need to look for??
          <hr></blockquote>

Are you implying you already bought the car without checking it out first? You should look for all the flaws before you buy it, not after. In any case, there's a lot to look for...and I believe there was a recent post which hockeyman lists a lot of good things to check for. Congrats on the newer car.
          94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Check all the fluids for one thing. If it's an auto, I would get that fluid changed and get an oil change. Check the air filter, pcv, change the fuel filter. Check the drive belt for cracks. check the tire pressure, listen to the engine and see if any weird noises. see if the alignement is ok.
            That's all I can think of right now...

BTW, is that a bird or 'maro?

I got 125k on mine and it still runs good. Debating on hopping it up any further...as it runs decently fast, sedan fast, not sports car fast...lol...I still want a V8, but when I think of the stuff I did already,.,.,it feels like such a waste...maybe I'll just buy another straight up, rather than a trade in...
            1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              2 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X