• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch 3.8L has no low end power...

me 2 girls in the car...

3500 clutch drop, stalls the car...

4500 clutch drop stalls the car....

I didn't have these problems with the 3.4L with lsd, and wider tires with mroe tread...

Either way I guess as long as I can spin them at the track to heat them up for a run it doesn't matter... :D

p.s. yeah I got laughed at [img]smile.gif[/img]

There may be other issues...at a 4500 dump you should fry the tires no matter how big the girls are.
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

lol... how big were those girls?

4500 dump I'll light up the tires.
      3500 dump at least a long chirp.

Comment

d00d, those ""chicks"" must have been huge!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] 4500 rpm w/3.23 & i spin a bit with 3 other big guys in the car!

--matt

Comment

do you have a cutout before the cat, crappy gears ie 2.73 that would compromise your bottom end?

i hear you have more slips than a victoria secret catalog & a mid 14 sec car...like that crappy a$$ bottom end just doesn't seem right....you must have a helluva top end on that thing.

--matt

Comment

shouldn't this be in the kill section? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

What do you launch @ the track, w/o girls?
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

hmm...what did you do, leave the parkingbrake on, stand on the brake instead of clutch, and forget to turn over the ignition? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

or were the tires rubbing the rear wheel well due to extra ballast? ;)

4500 drop for me usually gets me sideways on the road, whereas 3500 usually...well, same as 4500...haha
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Yeah man, dumping the clutch at 4500 should have easily gotten your tires lit up. Might wanna not let those girls in the car again, or maybe one at a time.
                Nate

Comment

YEah I know its wierd they really aren't big...

and as for the top end it actually feels choked to hell my power is 3500ish-like 4800ish... seat of the pants feel and the lag on my tach.

At the track If I dump the clutch I usually run into the problem of lighting the tire up so bad I have to watch for the rev limiter..

but damn... never had this problem in the 3.4L...

And I woudl notice a lack in performance in daily driving non so far, I am pretty sensitive to my cars, and it feels like it did 2 weeks ago at the track(well slightly slower since I have it back to full stock now)

Rear tires are still pretty low and they were nice and heated up...

In fact to night, I got a little spin in the top end of first, and caught rubber slamming 2nd in a parking lot but it was cool out and the tires were dead cold.

Comment

perhaps your clutch could be saying goodbye slowly. just a thought.

Comment

try asking bob at granturismo.com, i'm sure he'll have the answer. he seems to know everything.

Comment

I hope not, car has 35k and its already on its second clutch I already trashed the first at 7k miles [img]smile.gif[/img]

wow you a granturismo.com member too? very few of those around on other boards I visit. well matt is one, and I ran into LT1 over at cz28.com [img]smile.gif[/img]

I jsut think the car doesn't have the power, it jerked me good and hard showing the clutch gripped, jsut the motor could not spin the wheels [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

could be suspension or rear end. that doesn't explain the stalling though.

Comment

Someting's gotta be wrong there. I noticed that the 3.8 doesnt have the low-end punch that the 60* engines have, but even my car will burn both rear tires on a 2000 rpm drop, and that's with a torsen diff installed. (stock 3.23 gears) Although, I do have some crappy Goodyear Eagle G/A's on there, that might have something to do with it. I'd say your engine isnt running at top notch. How's fuel economy lately?

Brendan
                            2000 Camaro L36 M49
                            "mostly stock"...
                            I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess.....<br /><br />-Red Green

Comment

umm yeah something isn't right, I can spin one tire by stomping the gas at a 5-10 mph roll. Did it yesterday in fact. And my car is pretty close to stock, with 65k miles.
                              -Brad
                              98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                              2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                              If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                              :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X