Yay Junlyards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay Junlyards!

Im going to a season opener half off sale at a few junkyards next week and i have more basic questions I cant get answered without my v6 family (awww). I want to replace my barbaric rear drum brakes with disc brakes. Is that a probable switch or is there more to it than that? And if it is probable which years will be compatible with my 95 camaro?
    There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Well, not sure about just swapping the drum for disc brakes, but I bought a nice rear end with 3.4w/lsd and disc brakes for $300 and the swap was really easy...if you don't have lsd or some good gears you might even think about maybe doing the whole swap at once. Any rear end from 93-2002 will work with your 95, they are all the same.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

you can find the entire rear end, i think its alot easier then to install all the goodies seperatly
      get an lt1 rear end
      comes with rear discs (yay) a lsd unit and 3.42 gears
      and for the price i have found the most expensive for 500 average from a yard is about 300
      installation isnt all that bad, if u have issues with the TCS or ABS systems you can disable them
      anyways hope this helps

*tip* u may also want to invest in a lt1 driveshaft also, there a tad bit stronger
      [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        2 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X