dealer campaign sticker under hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealer campaign sticker under hood

does someone knows what the code means on the campaign sticker under the hood? its says campaign 99010 dealercode 67-354 for camaro 98

Re: dealer campaign sticker under hood

High Speed Driveline Vibration Causing Transmission Rear Seal Failure

General Motors has decided that certain 1998 and 1999 export (RPO QII) Chevrolet Camaro F-Car model vehicles equipped with 3.8 L V6 (RPO L36) engines and automatic (RPO M30) transmissions may exhibit a condition in which vehicle speed in excess of 125 MPH (200 KPH) for an extended period of time may cause the one-piece driveline propshaft to vibrate at the slip yoke. This, in turn, may damage the transmission rear housing seal bushing, so that the seal backs out and causes transmission fluid leakage.

To prevent the possibility of this condition occurring, dealers are to replace the one-piece propshaft with a two-piece propshaft. Also, dealers are to replace the transmission extension housing with an improved extension housing, if the vehicle is not already equipped with the improved extension housing. Dealers will also have to replace the torque arm assembly with a new torque arm assembly in order to support the two-piece propshaft.

Sucks that they took your one piece off :(
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

thanks for the information ,i dont know what the pro and cons between 1 piece and two piece propshaft is. but i think that the recall is because the speeds are higher in europe most of the times ,not by me ,cruise speed in holland for me is 140/150kmh---80/90mph most of time

Comment

I wonder if one of teh third gen 1pc driveshafts w/the balancer on it would fix tehissue & still let you use a 1pc
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X