SES light on after thermostat install!!! HELP!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SES light on after thermostat install!!! HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light on after thermostat install!!! HELP!!!!

i put a 180 degree thermostat in my 98 v6 camaro today. i just cranked it up to test drive it, but i notice i now i have really crappy aceleration and when i do gas it, the car kinda shakes and makes a bumping noise. i drove it about 10 miles, and about half way through the drive, my ses light comes on. can anyone PLEASE help?! when i put the thermostat in, i drained the radiator, then unscrewed the 2 black 10mm bolts from the drivers side of the engine. i pulled the old thermostat out of there and replaced it with the new one. then i screwed the thing back on, and refilled the radiator. did i miss something? HELP!!!!!!

well nevermind, i think its fixed now. :cool:

Comment

What was the problem?

Ted

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
        What was the problem?

Ted
        <hr></blockquote>

it must have had an air bubble or something. i "massaged" all the tubes to try and get any air out, and now everything seems ok. i dunno

Comment

well, nevermind. now its back again. car runs rough, and the ses light's on. any suggestions?

Comment

See if you left something unhooked, like the harness to the IAT sensor. That's always getting overlooked by alot of people. That's probably not it though, but check for something else unhooked. If all else fails, reset your computer.
            Here's the directions:
            http://ls1.com/link_ecm.html

If that don't work, go to autozone to see if you're throwing a code. They'll scan for free.

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: AMinor65 ]</p>
            <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X