Hypertech Thermostat - Thumbs up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech Thermostat - Thumbs up

A while back i replaced my stock thermostat with a 180 Degree stat.

I went with 180 because i was told with the colder temps that this was the way to go.

I bought the stat from Autozone...generic brand at the advice of someone on our board. Can't remember who now...

For the longest time, my engine would heat up to just before the 210 mark if not 210. IT would sit at 210 while i idle. Always thought this was normal till Stefan came up to Michigan from Virginia... his temp was reading at 160.

Well last month i finally ordered the 160 thermostat. This weekend i put the 160 thermostat in..HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I don't know if it is because i got the 160 or because its from Hypertech... in any case my temp reading sits halfway between the halfway mark and the 210 mark.

All in all good product. Came with excellent installation instructions. Someone should scan it and post it in our modification/guide review section... hmmm maybe i will do it.
    - Ryan<br /> A.K.A BATMAN<br /> \"Be part of the solution...<br /> Not the problem\"

Thatta boy... I love my 160 :D

I ran a 195... too hot.
    Then I ran a 180... better, but...

and then I ran my 160 - no going back [img]smile.gif[/img]

I need a better radiator now to take better advantage of it though in these FL summers!!
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

ditto, my 160 get the thumbs up too

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

I had the 180 and now have 160. Man it sucks in cold Chicago winters. I'm glad it's warming up. Temperature is very low with it. It's just past the first mark when warmed up. Even idleing in traffic it doesn't rise. Maybe when we hit 90s I'll start seeing it go higher.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X