convertable rear windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convertable rear windshield

ok one of the many joys of a rag top. the top of my rear windshield has started to come apart from the glue that holds it in. what kind of glue sould be best to repair this with. i was thinking something similar to the rear view mirror adhesive would would work but i'm not sure. please help. MY CAR HAS A HUGE LEAK!!!
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

That happened to mine. It occurs because you top actually shrinks over time. I replaced my top in 97 and I am now having problems with the bottom separating. I use GOO, it seems to work well, but only lasts about 10 months. If you find something else....let me know.

I just thought of this, since the parts are completely separated unlike mine, you can try something I just thought of...years ago, I built a folding kayak out of wood and canvas....I used some marine epoxy or cement (it worked like paper-cement, let it dry and press the two together). The stuff held like champ in harsh condiditions....try something like that...

[ December 27, 2003: Message edited by: CARdiac ]</p>
    Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

turns out that whole section of the top come out. it costs about $300 for the rear canvas and windshield. i think ill try the adhesive you recomended first or until i can afford to buy the peice so i can replace it. but thanks for the help its a good temp fix.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X