My electric air pump is............missing?!?!? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My electric air pump is............missing?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My electric air pump is............missing?!?!?

So my girlfriends uncle helped me change/flush my anti-freeze/coolant today. Anyways while we were messing around with the car we noticed a hose disconnected......and saw it went to nothing? Then a plug...not plugged in, and another piece of house with...... *drumroll* a LUGNUT put in it? wtf? is going on here is what we thought

We looked in my haynes manual and learned it was the electric air pump that feeds air from the air intake(first hose down to the air pump(missing) where that plug goes into, and then the other hose with the chrome lugnut in it thats disconnected obviously that runs to the catalyst converter). Did really read wtf its function is for but WTF!!!

Back in December my fuel pump went out and I took it to the place I bought my car to have it replaced. Ever since then my SES light comes on sometimes while on the highway(catalyst convertor to hot? who knows can't find anyone with a obd1 scanner). And I KNOW it was there because when I installed the SLP cold air intake back in october it was present. Pretty shady work as they probably expected me to come back or needed it for their car or someone elses.

So my question is

Wtf does this air pump EXACTLY do
    Do I need to replace it or could it cause problems(that ses light maybe?)

How much are they? Thanks guys

Re: My electric air pump is............missing?!?!?

autozone can scan and OBD1 and as far as the air pump i believe it just pumps fresh air into your exhaust to lower emission wont hurt anything really but emission that you prolly cant even notice...

Comment

yeah thats pretty much what it does but, there are not much autozones that scan obd 1 these days
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

They do sell an obd 1 scanner for $30.
        <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Yeah I am having a hard time finding a Autozone or Advance that has an obd1 scanner or even one for sale! As my brake light is on now and I want to know what code that SES light is storing when it goes on and off sometimes. Anyways, where do I still buy a electric air pump?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            3 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X