Idle Problem again, anyone know what it is? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idle Problem again, anyone know what it is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Problem again, anyone know what it is?

Last year I had a problem with my Idle because I was playing around with the Throttle Boby Gasket and I broke it. Well, it made my Idle do WIERD things so I fixed it and took it to the Dealer to have the Computer reset. Ok, now it's a year later and the Idle (every once in a while) sticks on me. It revs up to about 2-3thousand rpm's when I hit the gas ever so lightly, and stays at 2-3k rpm's for about 5 seconds. It ONLY does it maybe once a month, but it's enough to make me start the whole "every letter in the book" process. Anyone know what may be causing this?

Oh, the dealer said there weren't any other problems with any of the engine parts when I got it back last September.
    sigpic

Not sure what year your car is, but if you have one, check your IAC valve. There's also an idle learn procedure for our cars. Search for idle learn and you should find it. hope that helps...
    1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

definitly sounds like the iac(idle air controller)
      i had the same problem, but worse it would stick at 2k rpms and stay there :mad: .....i picked up a new one at pep boys for $50, problem solved.
      it's easy to replace just 2 torx head screws.
      <b>94 Firebird, 3.4 V6, Red, M5</b><br /> SLP CAI, Accel 8mm Superstock Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Borla Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, 180* Thermostat, B&M Ripper Shifter<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird</a>

Comment

IAC huh? Ok, I'll go over to Pep Boys tomorrow and pick one up. Believe it or not, I had trouble in the past with my IAC Valve, but it didn't occur to me that it may be causing this problem. Thanx for thr help guys!
        -Marc
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X