lower manifold removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower manifold removal

i got all the bolts off and coolant drained but how do you take that hose that connects to the front of the lower manifold off? i have a 3.4 btw.

Re: lower manifold removal

push both sides of the clip in and pull the hose out. The part left in the engine will need to be unscrewed and replaced or it will leak when reconnected, it has plastic inside. Any auto parts will have this, i just replaced it on my 95 silverado 5.7
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

BE CAREFUL with it....it WILL break off. Its cheap pockmetal...or aluminum. Mine broke off flush with the intake, and it took me better part of 4hrs to break it into pieces to get it out. You'd be better off just screwing in a nipple and clamping the hose on to it instead.

Comment

ok i got it out and i found a bolt waaay back there and took it out but the back wont budge but the front is up. anyone have a diagram of the bolts?

Comment

i had to pry the front up then wedge a screwdriver carefully back there between the head and lower manifold and pry up the back while pushing down on the front. it will take a lot of working and wiggling to get it loose. you have to raise it straight up too because it rides on long studs front and back. you should be able to find a bolt diagram on autozone.com possibly under their repair section. i can't remember how many there are but the bolts are all in line front to back and you also have 4 studs, the right front stud you remove i believe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            2 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X