Anyone ever tried this Oil Drainer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever tried this Oil Drainer?

This Oil Drain Valve? It looks like it would be a great tool to have mounted on the oil pan, and would make oil changes a bit easier. Just checking to see if anyone has tried one out yet.
    Last edited by hockeyman; 01-03-2007, 08:25 AM.
    sigpic

Re: Anyone ever tried this Oil Drainer?

I haven't tried it but if someone wanted to mess with you and drain your oil they could. Fram makes something similar to that. But to drain the oil you screw on a hose that opens the valve. They were in wally world but I dont know if they still sell them.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
      I haven't tried it but if someone wanted to mess with you and drain your oil they could.
      There is a little snap ring that goes into the groove so that the valve isn't opened so easily. If someone is going to go through the trouble of removing the snap ring, they can also remove a bolt. imo

Wally World? :eek: Wasn't that a Theme Park on Nation Lampoon's Vacation??
      sigpic

Comment

Thats interesting id like to try it i could change my oil more often now i was also thinking about the little metal particles that usually get stuck to the magnetic nut where will they be now
        Last edited by homedog119; 01-03-2007, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I clicked on the link and it said this

WARNING!

"N-Type" valves are not recommended for cars with low ground clearance. Please make sure there is enough distance from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
            Wally World? :eek: Wasn't that a Theme Park on Nation Lampoon's Vacation??
            i think your *ucked in the head. we're 10 hrs from the fun park and you wanna bail out...its a quest for fun lollololololo....
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
              i think your *ucked in the head. we're 10 hrs from the fun park and you wanna bail out...its a quest for fun lollololololo....
              That was an awesone flick!

Originally posted by homedog119
              I clicked on the link and it said this

WARNING!

"N-Type" valves are not recommended for cars with low ground clearance. Please make sure there is enough distance from the ground.
              Yeah, I didn't think of that. I never lowered my car though, so I'm guessing I should be okay. I'll be buying one later this week, and I'll post pics once it's installed.
              Last edited by hockeyman; 01-03-2007, 11:24 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

all camaro's are pretty low compared to most cars...it looks like the valve will hang off 1-2" so keep that in mind if you ever go over any big speed bumps or anything
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I still dont think you could possibly make it hit the ground still if the car is stock height but tell us how it goes after a month and if it gets f'd up we will all know its a bad idea lol

Comment

you can easily bottom out your f-body.

I have seen one of those and the valve opens too easy for my taste. all it was was the tab sitting down into a dentent and it was spring loaded. no telling what a good bounce could do to make it come out its detent and eventually move over.
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i dont see why you would want one of these... it is just saves about 45 seconds... turning a wrench, for what price? 20$ plus the risk of a malfunctoin, a leak, or it completly coming off? and yes... our cars DO bottom out easily, for anybody who has been under a large number of them, you will see

Comment

our cars only really bottom out when your driving like a retard. ill scrape my front end every once and a while coming down a driveway but thats it and even then im just scraping the wind deflector on the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Daviselk
                          i dont see why you would want one of these... it is just saves about 45 seconds... turning a wrench, for what price? 20$ plus the risk of a malfunctoin, a leak, or it completly coming off? and yes... our cars DO bottom out easily, for anybody who has been under a large number of them, you will see
                          agreed... for the time you are saving just taking out the drain plug every time, i dont think this is worth it. and i dunno about your car, but the 3.4's have their drain pans really low... if that thing hung 1"-2" lower, it would def. be below the front k-frame... and you dont have to drive like a retard to scrape that... just come across a street that is excessively crowned, or the transistion onto another street at an intersection will do it.. and im sure that almost all of us have been caught off guard once or twice by dumb stuff like that and have caused us to scrape the bottom of our cars...

oh, and the fram thing is junk.. they seem to leak excessively
                          Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X