Jacking points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacking points?

I only jacked my car up once since i've owned it to change the oil and that time is due. There was no picture in my Haynes manual so yeah... Something like this would be sweet

That is a Fiero btw. Thanks in advance

~josh~

Re: Jacking points?

when i put mine up on the hoist i use the waffle type pads under the car behind the front wheels, and the rear suspention bars.

Comment

i have ramps makes life easier

Comment

are you jacking up the entire car, or just the front?

I'm guessing just the front if you are changing the oil. And roll the jack underneath your car at the front and raise it at the k-member. If your jack isn't a low profile floor jack you may need to put two boards underneath your front tires, something that is 2 inches or thicker would be best.

Then, you can put your jackstands on the k-member if you want or you might be lucky like me and have a black guard behind each of your front tires that is used for jackstands/raising purposes.

Comment

I would not jack from the k-member. girl friends dad dropped my car jacking from there. I only jack from the frame, rear axel and where some suspension part hooks into the frame in the rear which looks like a leaf spring mount :\

I have never looked at what the suspension part is....lol
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

So does no one have a black and white or simliar picture like the above Fiero example?

Comment

a manual does plus a lot of other stuff :)

Comment

just buy ramps they arent expensive and a sh*tload easier then jacks and u dont have to worry about the car falling on u

Comment

lol, you dont have to worry about it falling or rolling if you use jackstands... lol

Comment

yea but ramps are still easier

Comment

Originally posted by chevymaxx
                      when i put mine up on the hoist i use the waffle type pads under the car behind the front wheels, and the rear suspention bars.

Those are NOT jacking points!!
                      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT
                        Those are NOT jacking points!!
                        What exactly are they, because I have always wondered. I've used them before to jack up the car and used them as jackstands. In fact, my car has been sitting on jackstands since late November/early December in that exact spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
                          What exactly are they, because I have always wondered. I've used them before to jack up the car and used them as jackstands. In fact, my car has been sitting on jackstands since late November/early December in that exact spot.
                          Did you not ever see the "Do Not Jack Here" next to it? My manual shows to lift only on the sub-frame. Dealer also told me this years ago. Your fuel lines run underneath. The 98+ do not have it as the fuel lines were rerouted. Can damage the front fender mount. Car is not balanced front to rear.

Should I go on?
                          Last edited by FirebirdGT; 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

the only time you should use the pinch weld is for the emergency jack in the back of the car. it has the indentation for the pinch weld.

Comment

Should be the same for us v6ers:

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ift_points.htm
                              Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X