This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I burn out?

Yeah dumb question, but Im 16 years old and just got a v6 97 firebird and wanted to have some fun with it. I step on the gas and brake at the same time and I dont like the noises it makes haha, I tried asking my friend who owns this account but hes away in the Army and to busy. Plz dont make me feel like a dumb *** for this.

Re: how do I burn out?

I'm assuming its an auto. Basically press the brake down and slam the gas and if you dont start spinning let out on the brake enough to get the wheel (s) spinning and then hold the brake down.

Comment

well if its stock i honeslty dont thinku can burn out.... not enough power

but try using the e brake too...

me and my friends attempted like 10 times...and would ether get 1 wheels spining or notinhg...but try to step on gas...ebrake floor it.

Comment

just hold the brake down and slowly hit the gas dont worry it will brake loose from the brakes and ull get them wheels spinning

Comment

It works most often when I turn the wheel a little bit. When its cold out they spin real easy. The car is stock + 200 extra lbs in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty
            i could spin tires with my car was stock. The OP's car has the same engine

Comment

you could always put some grease on the back rotors

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty

but try using the e brake too...

me and my friends attempted like 10 times...and would ether get 1 wheels spining or notinhg...but try to step on gas...ebrake floor it.

My 94 3.4 does burnouts AWSOME with NO problem, and it has been driven hard for its life, Most definatly has the power

E BRAKE IS CONNECTED TO YOUR REAR WHEELS, IT IS A REAR WHEEL DRIVE CAR

If its bone stock, only one tire will spin (unless your one of the lucky ones that has the Y87 preformance package)

Comment

why does only one tire spin?:spank:

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg
                    My 94 3.4 does burnouts AWSOME with NO problem, and it has been driven hard for its life, Most definatly has the power

If its bone stock, only one tire will spin (unless your one of the lucky ones that has the Y87 preformance package)
                    im almost positive both of my wheels spin how do you know if you have the y87 package?

Comment

Check for rpo code G80 which is LSD. If you don't have it then only one tire will spin.
                      <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg

thank god sombody knows somthing. becareful doing brake stands(gas and the brake) you can burn up your trany preaty quick if you dont do it right. the best thing for you to do in find a wet spot and try it there

Comment

This will also wear your rear brakes down faster then normal wear.

If you find a wet spot (a little more then damp) you shouldnt need your brake at all (well, maybe a bit to keep you somewhat straight) but if you wanna go squirly, you should be able to just punch it, no brake needed.

Comment

Originally posted by some_punk
                            why does only one tire spin?:spank:
                            because of the open differential
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by homedog119
                              im almost positive both of my wheels spin how do you know if you have the y87 package?
                              On the RPO sticker, it'll say Y87

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X