When i run my car easy, i get an ses light - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When i run my car easy, i get an ses light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When i run my car easy, i get an ses light

Whenever i try to conserve gas and be nice to my car and shift at or below 2500 i always get an ses light...then if i get on it for a little bit and take it up about 5 grand the ses light goes away..what could this be?
    1993 240sx 5 speed, Super Hicas, LSD, Stock for now<br />Sold-1995 Red T-Top 3.4 Camaro<br />Totaled-1997 Jade Green Cavalier 2.2 auto

maybe the car's telling you it wants to go faster! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

sorry bout the humor but I just had to put it in...I really don't know what to tell you. The only help I can do is put this post TTT! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

maybe check the O2 sensors...and if the light "just comes on" when you drive nice and nothing else happens (misfiring, stuttering, etc) I wouldn't be too concerned

Comment

it does both i think
        i know it definately stutters and i'm 95% sure it misfires when that light is on
        1993 240sx 5 speed, Super Hicas, LSD, Stock for now<br />Sold-1995 Red T-Top 3.4 Camaro<br />Totaled-1997 Jade Green Cavalier 2.2 auto

Comment

im thinkin plugs and wires does the ses light flash or is it solid
          2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

well i've been reading around on other posts and i'm thinking it has to do with the gap of the spark plugs..cause i didn't gap mine...i just put them in the way they came..it's the bosch platinum plugs, not the +4s...and my friend put them in so they could be loose or anything...but it's under full throttle or full load mainly when this happens cause at half throttle it runs like a jewel....so would plug gap cause this?

EDIT: at first i thought it was coil packs, but i read that it would happen under any kind of condition not just every now and then and full throttle if it were coil packs. so i am thinking plug gaps

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: uno ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chevcamaro18:
              im thinkin plugs and wires does the ses light flash or is it solid<hr></blockquote>
              the ses light is solid

Comment

ttt

Comment

get a tune up, change all the spark plugs, its detecting an ineficiency in the electrical system.
                  97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

erg valve.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_zach:
                      erg valve.<hr></blockquote>
                      Bingo!!!
                      \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

get a new egr valve? or is there any way i can fix this one?
                        i just got laid off from work so i'm looking for an inexpensive solution...but if i have to get a new one, i can always sell stuff
                        so how do i fix this problem?

Comment

Umm.. I hate to tell you this but here it goes, i was going to put in the bosh platnim 4's in my car cuz i was experiencing misfire, big time,and it was due for some anyways, 61000miles, or so i thought. well my mechanic, the best i know, extremely dependable, knows his ****, told me not to put those plugs in my car, because for some reason those plugs in our cars he has seen many!!! problems, so i told him to put in the ac delco's, and sure enough when he pulled mine out they were the bosh 4's. its just a thought, he said he really hasn't seen too much problem with those plugs, except in our cars, anyways that is always a possibility
                          1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            2 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X