Need help bad, changed alt, problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help bad, changed alt, problem

Just changed my altenator and put the belts back on. I took it for a drive and it seemed alright. When i was coming back down the neighborhood i swirved it a little bit and I could hear this tapping sound. Sounds like a faint hammer tapping slightly. I drove it around some more. And if you go about 10-20mph you can hear it just tapping. It didn't do it this morning before my car died. It's doing it after we changed the altenator. It doesn't do it in idle at all. I had my theory that the fanbelt was tapping against something but I can't see anything. And everything looks perfect. What could be doing this? I need help bad. Thank You

Ted

anybody?

Comment

I am not sure what it is, sure the tapping wasn't there before?

maybe the alterneator is a little loos, double check all the bolts are tightened.

Comment

Definatley wasn't there before. It can't be the fanbelt, i know that now. Almost sounds like something in the tires but it didn't do it this morning and everything looks fine. I'll re-check everything. It's really pissing me off though.

Comment

Is the wire on the back of the alternator touching anything? it could be arcing against the motor or something. Just a guess...
          1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

Found the problem, lol. My rotors are worn down to the leading edge on the top. And it's hitting my brakes causing that hammering sound. I guess I never heard it cuz i had my music on all the time. Until I changed my altenator I heard it.

Ted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X