another damn problem :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another damn problem :(

tried to go somewhere today and the damn thing wont start checked the battery and its ok when u turn the key on it dont make any type of sound evrything comes on like any normal time but when u try to start it u hear nothing what could be wrong with my car? 3.8 a4 96 firebird so u know.

Re: another damn problem :(

are the clamps tight on the battery terminals? (make sure there's no corosion either)

bad starter?
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Try disconnecting the battery, and put another battery in it's place.

I had a bad "Cell" once in my battery. It tested okay, but wouldn't do anything when I turned the key. Ended up replacing the starter and all of the battery cables before I found out that it was just the battery ~alone~ that was bad :mad:
      sigpic

Comment

but evrything was working and even put a charger on it and tried to start it with it on there and the battery was at 13v's and still did the same thing and it dont make any noises or anything no click no nothing

Comment

was your secrity light on ever how y spell it do y have a vats key
          96 Z LT 1 6 SPEED 3.42 T TOP<br />LS1 BRAKE UPGRADE<br />LS1 DASH AND CONSOLE CONVERSION<br />5.0 SHIFTER<br />52 BBK <br />ROLL BAR<br />LT4 KNOCK MOD <br />REAR SEAT DELETE<br />ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT SITTING ON SHELF

Comment

When I had the bad battery, I had a towtruck attempt to jump my car over and it still didn't work. IF I would have just disconnected the battery, it would have started right up when the towtruck had the jumpers hooked up. The battery was sending a bad connection to the starter and nothing would have kicked it over as long as the cables were hooked up to it.

It's just a guess though...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by APRILS Z
              was your secrity light on ever how y spell it do y have a vats key
              it was blinking but i thought it always did that so i wasnt sure but there were times that it just stayed on and never blink and do the same thing but this time its blinking whats that mean?

Comment

sounds like a vats problem there a web site that tells y how to bypass the vats one trip tp radio shack and that will be gone i ll look for the site and get back to ypou soon
                96 Z LT 1 6 SPEED 3.42 T TOP<br />LS1 BRAKE UPGRADE<br />LS1 DASH AND CONSOLE CONVERSION<br />5.0 SHIFTER<br />52 BBK <br />ROLL BAR<br />LT4 KNOCK MOD <br />REAR SEAT DELETE<br />ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT SITTING ON SHELF

Comment

whats vats?

Comment

do y have a chip in your key at the middle of it after the cut part of the key itself

Comment

yes it does

Comment

thats a vats heres a site that will help you rid that read 21/22/23
                        http://shbox.com/1/how_tos.html

Comment

where do i get a bypass resistor?

Comment

you have to get a ohms meter seewhat the resistins is there and go to radio shack they sell them

Comment

im pretty sure that u have chip in ur key right? cuz my 96 does...try a spare key...i had a problem with my security light comin on and blinkin at me...same problem that u had my car wouldnt start until the light went off....so i used my spare key 1 day cuz i couldnt find my keys in my room and the light has stayed off now for a good 2 months

87 Firebird RIP
                              96 Camaro RS RIP
                              94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                              02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X