250 but where to put it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 but where to put it???

So I have 250 to spend on my 2000 camaro. In a few days I will be putting in my custom true dual exhaust (2.25", hi flow cat, sweetthunder mufflers). Also I'm doing a full tune up (plugs, all new fluids and filters) and a seafoaming. I either want to put in pacesetter painted headers cost 230 (course I wouldnt use the Y-pipe because of the true duals) or I want to get a (aluminum Driveshaft around 100-120) along with (msd wires 60) and some msd coils which I dont really know the price, I know they cost like 50 or so on summit but I dont know if they are sold as all three coils or what.

mods: lid, airfilter, slp cai (ram air), !maf, 160 thermo

Re: 250 but where to put it???

headers for sure...use the extra $ to get better gaskets and bolts

also, I think true dual exhaust on our cars will decrease perf.
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

i second the longtubes....plus i dont think true duals is all that good in clearance its been done but it allways has the driver driven pretty slow on certain streets...its probably cheaper to get a 3 inch pipe from the headers to the back witha loudmouth exhaust and add a cut out...but foresure what ever you do add some longtubes.

Comment

Don't get the MSD coilpacks and what not. Save your money. It's been tested and stated that stock works better than MSD.

Comment

beast. they arent longtubes.

why are you going true duals? only one person has done it and he didnt really like it that much.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

if you dont have LSD...invest

Comment

I already did all my research on the true duals for months and the guy that had them didnt like the sound/performance because the pipes went straight back no bends to make any back pressure and when he told me of his his set up he didnt say anything about having cats. I have stock 3.42 and lsd.
              Last edited by gotchocmilk39; 12-28-2006, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Well have fun having less power than before with that exhaust. Its too open, and as you stated, no backpressure. You will have no low end torque, not to mention all that extra weight.

Comment

Originally posted by blown00
                  Well have fun having less power than before with that exhaust. Its too open, and as you stated, no backpressure. You will have no low end torque, not to mention all that extra weight.
                  I will have back pressure and I will have the low end power. I'm NOT doing the same thing as Dominic did just runing it straight back into mufflers. I'm going to have 2 Hi flow cats(back pressure) which is like having one hi flow cat to a single 3". Secondly the only pipes of the exhaust that are going to be mandrel bend are the I pipes, so that means where ever there is a bend in the pipe, the pipe will get smaller (back pressure) and lastly the sweet thunder mufflers(back pressure) are like a bullet system but by far do not flow the same as one.

Comment

I have true-duals... I don't know if I gained any power, but I don't think I lost any either... but I didn't do mine for the performance, I did it for the hell of it. I also have electric 4-way cut-outs, so I can add or subtract back pressure at the flip of a switch:)
                    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill
                      I have true-duals... I don't know if I gained any power, but I don't think I lost any either... but I didn't do mine for the performance, I did it for the hell of it. I also have electric 4-way cut-outs, so I can add or subtract back pressure at the flip of a switch:)

So what size did you use? Cats? Mufflers? I already have all my stuff jsut wondering what you used. How did ya like the sound. I'm running 2.25 piping magnaflow hiflow cats and sweetthunder chamber mufflers.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill
                        I would also like to know the details of your setup.Mine is a 3.4 and the y pipe is rattling and I can build my own exhaust.I will probably go with inch and a half to keep back pressure but most importantly ground clearance.

Comment

you'll defietly pull hardeer in the top end so id get your rev limiter raised if you motor can handle it just to take better advantage of the increased top end i do think you'll loose some low end but not much thats just what happens when you reduce backpressure. you should do a before and after dyno just to see what really happens not just go by seat of your pants(and possibly prove use all wrong). anyway let us know how it goes

Comment

LMAO ! Any of you morons that think backpressure is a good thing need to go back to auto mechanics class or go to one to begin with. Yea thats just what I want on my car... crush bends and multiple restrictions in my exhaust lol yea that how to build a race car.... sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                              LMAO ! Any of you morons that think backpressure is a good thing need to go back to auto mechanics class or go to one to begin with. Yea thats just what I want on my car... crush bends and multiple restrictions in my exhaust lol yea that how to build a race car.... sigh
                              Yes, back prssure is not a good thing but you do need some of it unless you are all about top end but then it would but cheaper to run just open headers. So I dont want just top end I also like that low end power punch and sence having two 2.25 pipes has more air flowing area than a full 3" y-pipe set up, your going to need some crush piping and to stay legal your going to need Cats but I'm useing Hi flow ones. Even with all these things I still thinking I'm going to be more free flowing or really close to a 3" y-pipe set up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X