SES light on and off, sputtering..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light on and off, sputtering..

My SES light has been on one day off the next for about a week now, but i didn't notice the car acting wierd at all until i started it up this morning.

It was a cold night, and the car was cold, i started it up and the light was on, i revved it just a bit and the car was shaking a little bit with the revving. I revved more and it kept doing it, the rpms were a little shaky, which was causing the car to shake, but i dont' know why it was. Misfire?

Once it warmed up it was fine, and it didn't do it on any other cold starts today.. what do you think is up?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: SES light on and off, sputtering..

could be O2 senser it would clear when its could but go to autozone and see what the code is it should be stored in there

Comment

Yeah its a misfire, thats what happened when i had to replace my plugs and wires. Get it fixed ASAP or you can have major problems in your future. Get it scanned somewhere.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
      '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
      '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

what kind of plugs and wires should i go with... I've heard good things about the delco iridium plugs, what about wires?
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X