Everyone who changed their own plug wires please help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone who changed their own plug wires please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone who changed their own plug wires please help

I took all my stock crappy wires off and i got some taylor wires, I dont know which wire goes with which cylinder, The wires are different lengths, will someone please measure their wires for cyl 1 cyl 2, 3,4,5,6 and tell me the length for each wire, i would really appreciate it

You may want to just do it yourself. Start with the shortest wire and run it to the closest cylinder. Then continue on until you have the longest wire, and it should go to the cylinder farthest away.
    1996 Camaro w/ Y87 package. T-Tops, purple, loaded. Custom painted salad-shooters with Mirage paint.<br /><br />(It\'s my girlfriends car!)

Comment

Basic rule of thumb, the longest wires will go to the passenger side. They run across the top of the intake manifold, down behind the alternator, and under the exhaust manifold.

Also, the coils are mounted front to back: 3-6, 2-5, 1-4.

One piece of advice, if you have a strut tower brace, there is a bracket on the block, below the alternator, that the spark plug wires and the alternator output wire are attached to. That bracket is held on by a 1/2 inch bolt (yes, 1/2 inch, not metric). Take that bracket out, and zip-tie, or otherwise securely attach those wires, to the strut tower brace.

Taking that bracket out will make your life much easier when it comes to installing plug wires and plugs.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Do you have a 3.4 or a 3.8? The routing is a slight bit different on a 3.4.
        1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

Comment

well.... my board name is cammed 3800 so 3.8 [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

If you still loom them from the stock looms, then the longest to shortest should be 6-1-4-2-3-5. That "should be" longest to shortest, but don't quote me on that.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird
            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

thanks i appreciate it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X