Start-up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start-up problem

I have a 98 camaro w/ 79820 miles on it. Everytime i go to start my car after its been sitting for a while, the engine turns over and all of a sudden the rpm gauge revs up and down and the lights dim on and off for a few seconds. Car shakes a little and after about a minute of warm up, the car runs and acts normal?? What could be causing the problem?? Tune-up? Alt? Battery?? Thanks in advance guys!!

Re: Start-up problem

With so little of information on each problem, I would say all of the above and a vaccuum leak.

The rpm's at startup are normal, if it's just going up once, and then coming down. If it's going up and down numerous times, it sounds like a vaccuum leak. Then, the shaking could be anything from your engine trying to die because it needs a tune-up or it was barely powered and is trying to make up for the less power that was delivered to it by a dying battery.

When is the last time you had a tune up on your car and do you have anything that drains your batteries life? Like a sound system or a radar detector that stays on all the time, or charge your cell phone in the car when it's not turned on. Or just leave the car sit for a week at a time sometimes? Any of those can do it over time.

Comment

Re: Start-up problem

Sounds very similar to what mine is doing. I'm thinking that I have a leaky injector.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X