ses light please help..p0442

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ses light please help..p0442

i think it was po442 if not it's like po442 something anyhoo it was (small leak in evaporator emmisions system) and when i wen't to pumpo gas noticed my gas cap was knocked off and wasnt screwed on all the way.. with that cause an ses light to come on. and if it does how do i get the light to go off and please don't tell me it will go off on it's own because that's bs the ses lights DO NOT GO OFF on their own, anyone know any other way.

Re: ses light please help..p0442

First, the SES light WILL go off if the problem goes away, and a loose gas cap can & will throw a code. Once it's properly tightened, the light should go off...unless there are other problems in the evap system.

If the gas cap is on tight and you still have a light on the dash, read these:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...highlight=evap

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...highlight=evap

I had a similar code once and it was a cheap plastic line that was cracked.
    Last edited by hockeyman; 12-17-2006, 10:53 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

hmm... ok i read it but the car drives like a f-ing champ no power loss.. unles it's just soooo not their, but what line are you talking about?

Comment

do you have a pic of were this line would be?

Comment

Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)

What does that mean?This indicates a fuel vapor leak in the EVAP control system. It means a very small leak has been detected. In fact, the leak can be from a hole as small as 0.04" in diameter. The (EVAP) emission control system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the engine is running a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine.

-------------------------------------
          A code P0442 most likely means one or more of the following has happened:

A loose or improperly affixed gas cap
          A non-conforming gas cap (i.e. not factory/original brand)
          A small leak/hole in a fuel vapor hose/tube
          Other small leak in EVAP system
          Faulty vent o-ring seal

and the gas cap had just happend to not be screwed on right? but the light won't go off..

Comment

Unplug your battery for about 5 minutes and then hook it back up. IF your SES light is still on, then you have other problems. If you believe that it doesn't have any other problems, go to Autozone and have them clear out the code. Once that is done, drive your car for 10 more minutes and see if the light comes back on. If not, then you are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Ls2
              do you have a pic of were this line would be?
              I replaced the plastic line with a rubber line. Here's the pic of the evap line I'm talking about:

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X