Reduced Engine Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced Engine Power

i cranked my car this morning, didnt start... then i cranked it again and after a second it fired, but my "reduced engine power" light came on. car wouldnt rev past 1200 rpms, it just bogged. turned it off, back on, it ran fine but had a check engine light.

any ideas? i know im stumped
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Re: Reduced Engine Power

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
    i cranked my car this morning, didnt start... then i cranked it again and after a second it fired, but my "reduced engine power" light came on. car wouldnt rev past 1200 rpms, it just bogged. turned it off, back on, it ran fine but had a check engine light.

any ideas? i know im stumped

you said its fine now so get it scann free and more than likely will tell you exactly what is wrong or where to start.

Comment

reduced engine power light? i have never heard of it

Comment

Ive had this light on before. It was shortly after I got the car tuned back in June. While we were tuning my car the accelerted showed on the laptop as if I was let off on the gas and pushing back down on it , but I kept it to the floor the whole time. It ended up being TPS =throttle positioning systm. One censor is in the TB and if that is gone bad in your car youll have to have the whoel TB replaced and a new one is liek 800 unless you have a waranty as I did. I also had to have the TPS censor that is in the accelerator pedal unit. So that also might be a cause. There are other possiblities like coil packs or the module under the coils. Have it scanned man then let us know what it was.
        01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
        AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
        www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
        www.vaperz.com
        PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

I have delt with the same issue of a couple corvettes. was the pedal position sensor.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

how can i see if any of these sensors have gone bad? the guy at autozone said it was a dealership code, 15XX something... but we all know about those guys
            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
              how can i see if any of these sensors have gone bad? the guy at autozone said it was a dealership code, 15XX something... but we all know about those guys
              I gave up on Autozone's scanning system along time ago. They are just trying to make money off of you, and give you bullcrap scans. I've had 3 different vehicles scanned up there, one of them was a trick(as in I unplugged a sensor under the hood just to see what they would say) , but anyways all 3 times they told me that it was the o2 sensors, and on one of the cars, the sensors were about a week old. It turned out to be my pcv valve.

Go to a shop and get a diagnostic scan done on it and then go from there. But, as mentioned above, I can almost gurantee you that it's going to be your sensor on your accelerator. Good luck finding the problem and eliminating it.

Comment

I cnat say much for bullcrap scans at autoparts stores. Though there are Autozones near me Ive never had one of there guys check my car. Ive always went to Advanced Autoparts and they alwyas come back reading exactly what my car needs. I want to get one of the scanners for myself but they are like 200 bucks.
                01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
                AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
                www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
                www.vaperz.com
                PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

HP tuners ftw. Scan, delete

Comment

Well now that ive found this thread i wont repost this......Well today my car wont crank all it will just do is turn over but not crank and my "Reduced Engine Power" light is on when i have the ignition on and my radio wont play can anyone help me?

Comment

reduced engine light is jsut like putting a computer in safe mode , but it's your car in safe mode, put your car in start, don't turn it over, then pop the hood, THEN look in the fused take out pcm batt, and pcm ign.. TAKE OUT THE PCM BAT FIRST... just do.. anyhoo take out pcm bat then take out pcm ign, then let it sit for about err 5 min, then put back pcm bat then put back pcm ign.. don't do ign first, anyhoo then crank it, the light will still be on crank it again and poof problem fixed.. not in your case though, i don't think anyways, but if the light ever comes on randomly then that should work for a temp fix, might work for this case though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X