Hissing with key on, not running (not fuel pump) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hissing with key on, not running (not fuel pump)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hissing with key on, not running (not fuel pump)

When I turn my key to the on position but don't start the car I can hear a hissing noise coming from approx where the fuel lines meet the fuel rails. I can't turn the key and then put my ear to the area fast enough before the noise stops. Is there anything else it could be besides the fuel lines? I know the fuel pressure primes with the key on, but I don't know if anything else pressures up. I can also hear it for a second when turning the engine off. The fuel line/rail area is visually stained more than the surrounding area with something, but then again it's a 97' and that area isn't clean to begin with. It doesn't smell like fuel, I watched it run for about 10 minutes with no visual leak, and it hasn't caught fire ...yet. Anything else it could be? I also have a ticking noise in that area when running. Not sure if it's an injector or lifter, but leaning more towards lifter. But it could be an injector because she accelerates poorly when warmed up/hot and sometimes misses with no engine light. I do get random EGR codes (1406?) that go away after a couple trips. If that makes sense to anyone I'd appreciate some input. Thanks!

Re: Hissing with key on, not running (not fuel pump)

i know!! i know!!! just turn the key over to the RUN position and hold it their for as long as it takes THE CAR WILL eventually start, and that noise... im not sure what it is, i think it's just one of the pumps turning on... see if that works

Comment

Re: Hissing with key on, not running (not fuel pump)

i should have read the whole thing.. lol my bad that noise is just the power steering pump ... im pretty sure anyways

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X