mileage will not show now on gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mileage will not show now on gauge

I recently got a remote start installed on my car and now I noticed that my mileage dosen't show. The car starts up fine without a problem the mileage just isn't showing and Its almost time for me to get my car inspected so I need help bad.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem I checked the fuses inside the car but I didn't check the fuses under the hood please help

Re: mileage will not show now on gauge

digital?

Where is the remote start hooked into? cluster needs to be replaced.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

and how much will this cost me. When I turn the key I can see my mileage light up to like 93,000 then it dosen't show anymore I might have to unplug my battery and see what happens.

I believe the remote start is hooked up under the drivers side dash. This would happen when its time for inspection

Comment

dam I am dumb as hell the only problem was the switch that dims the lights was turned all the way down there was nothing wrong what a relief

Comment

lol....I have done that at work. was inspecting a brand new Tahoe, started noticing none of the door switch lights were working then noticed the cluster seemed inop too. I about flipped until I realized what was going on shortly after. :p
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

how can I turn mine back? I would like to do some illegal operations on the odometer to sell my car for less miles then it actually has.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
              how can I turn mine back? I would like to do some illegal operations on the odometer to sell my car for less miles then it actually has.
              Is this guy serious?!:eek:

Comment

Not quite sure if this works on the fbodies, I've never tried it. But, I used to have a Ford Ranger and the fuse that went to the windshield wipers also powered the odometer and the "dinger" that went off when a door was open. Well, my "dinger" would always stay on, no matter if the door was opened or closed so I removed the fuse. It took a week for me to notice the odometer wasn't moving anymore.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X