just thought i let ya know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just thought i let ya know?

ok my car is running ruff and has a bad oil leak in the back of the engine...i dont think its the rear main seal since the back upper top of the engine is oily...so im going to replace pretty much the upper part of the engines gasket(not the heads), o2's, seafoam engine clean....and later on delete the cats since i dont have o2's after them...or atleast i dont think so.....cause some symptons i have lead towards a clogged cat....havent had the computer scan but auto advance says they can do it so tomorrow i will stop by....any ideas or thoughts on things i can do while all this is being done or things i have to watch out for? its a 95 camaro v6 3.4 m5

Re: just thought i let ya know?

I would seafoam before replacing everything. that way, when you replace your 02s and such, you will have new ones for the freshened engine and not clog the new ones up with the seafoam.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

oil all over the top of your motor, more than likely the distributer plug o-ring

wich rminds me, I need to get a new one before I put my motor back together :p
      Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

yes, make sure you replace that too. lol

Comment

OK just got every thing taking apart and found some problems that i will fix....talk about a pain in the but....most hardest thing for me was taking off the valve covers....both upper and lower intake where a snap....question is does the intake have to be torque down or just nice and snugg....and last thing where exactly is this o-ring....photos would be nice.

Comment

it should be torqued down. everything that has a torque value should be torqued down.

Comment

well that sucks now i have to go buy one....if thats the case man my intake was all jacked up....a lil push with wrench then the bolts came off by hand....thats why i asked.

Comment

OK obviously i did not do my homework.... it seems you have to take off the rocker arms in order to put in the new lower intake gaskets between the heads and intake.....plus what is the probe like sensor that is right in front of the engine between the heads a lil more to the driver side head...sorry i cant take a picture but it had one 10 mm bolt holding it in place?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X