Oil in my radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil in my radiator

I have just changed my oil and was going over the car to get ready for a trip to Ohio tomorrow. When I checked my coolant level, I found motor oil in it.:( Also I have noticed lateley I smell antifreeze after a few hour run but never see any leaks. I had a problem like this once before on a 97 Bonneville. It was a blown lower intake gasket. At that time the mechanic said it was a common problem for a 3800 II. I had thought that GM had changed the gasket materail or something by 2000. The engine seems to run just fine. It doesn't skip, smoke or anything like that. If anyone has any ideas on how to verify this or something else, I would appreciate the help. I have a 2000 Firebird with an automatic.
    2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Re: Oil in my radiator

if you are sure you did find oil in there then it might already be too late for the motor.

It defiently seems to be a blown LIM gasket. Oil in you radiator is bad, but antifreeze in your oil is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I would drain the oil and see what you get.

Comment

I changed my oil yesterday and it was clean. It did seem to have lost a half quart or less from my last oil change. I have 86000 miles on it.
      2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

Put 2 teaspoons of sand in your oil filler neck when you change the oil. It is abrasive and will clean up all the gunk in your motor. I do it all the time works really good.

Comment

youre kidding right?
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
            Put 2 teaspoons of sand in your oil filler neck when you change the oil. It is abrasive and will clean up all the gunk in your motor. I do it all the time works really good.
            i like to put random stuff in my engine too. sometimes i'll toss in broken up paper clips and wash it down with a can of coke.:tup:

Comment

Broken paper clips sound like a bad idea. the coke is acidic and should do a decent job.

Comment

are u joking

Comment

No I run sand and coke through my engine all the time. lol yes just jokin, sarcasm can't really be expressed through text.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                    Broken paper clips sound like a bad idea. the coke is acidic and should do a decent job.
                    you're an idiot.
                    paperclip pieces collect around the piston rings giving a better seal = better compression = MORE HORSEPOWER. i'm probably putting down an extra 40rwhp just from the paperclip additive. it also helps to tear the coke can into little pieces and toss that in too.

Comment

sarcasim cant....but u actin like a moron can....hey while ur puttin sand in ur radiator y not piss in ur gas tank!!!! ull get 20 more miles to the tank!!!! can u tell that is sarcasim

87 Firebird RIP
                      96 Camaro RS RIP
                      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

deleted my post stating I was joking?!? lol

Comment

i ahte everyone

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X