Studdering maybe bad cat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studdering maybe bad cat???

Well I did a little searching on studdering sounds and a bad cat. but I'm on my way out the door so I couldnt spend alot of time. So here is my story I have wanted to start to baby my car alittle more so I dont haul a$$ everywhere. But now when I slowly accelerate talking like 0-25 ther is a sound coming from the exhaust is a studder, like its not getting enough gas and I can feel it coming from the engine just alittle too. I already looked at my wires to see if any are burnt but non are (they are kinda new with the plugs), thinking that would cause my studdering. I have had to replace the stock cat. and this recent one has got some miles on it. Also if this helps I have been thinking I have to much carbon built up maybe in my engine and in the cat. because everyonce in awhile the car will try to start but doesnt then the next try it will and a nice size black cloud comes out the exhaust pipes. I'm going to sea foam my car for the up coming true dual exhaust along with all new fuilds tanny,engine oil, coolent, differential,ect. with new fliters. I just want to know if its a bad Cat or what. Ooo no SES light either. Thanks for all the help.

Re: Studdering maybe bad cat???

I always wondered why so many people go with a bad cat when something acts up like that.. Do the cats go bad that much? I have 150k on my car and i swear i think im on the original cat still and i have no problems... But yeah i guess you could be right, but also like u stated you can try and replace the fuel filter.. i think there is a MAF screen that i hear about and u can clean that as well and make sure clean air is getting to the engine.. As for the black smoke i couldnt tell ya what would cause that.

Comment

Hard to start and then black smoke on startup when it does start means it's too rich and a possible flooding situation. Possible fuel injector leaking or sticking.
      Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

193k my cat is just now starting to go out ( original )

Comment

Well the car has always run great all 68K milkes. The suddering doesnt even bother me enough to take it in but I did run my tank down to almost nothing and I never do that I always fill it up before it hits a 1/4 of a tank. So maybe some crap at the bottom of the tank got in my engine? Thanks for all the input.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X