SES Light On and OFF!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Light On and OFF!???

Ok this past week, my SES light has been on one day, off the next, thern on two days, then off. Anyone else experience this, im thinking it might bnot be a huge problem considering it goes off too, any suggestions?

Re: SES Light On and OFF!???

Mine started doing that when I was getting a miss. It was hardly noticeable but the ses light would come on and off. Do you have any miss right now? if so you might as well change the plugs and wires before it goes on steady like it did with me.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

yeah same thing with me, when i was getting random cylinder missfires it did it... and then the problem only got worse from there lol. fixed now though running smoothley...for the most part. id recommend checking the plugs and wires as well

Comment

i ended up changing the coil packs, new wires and new NGK spark plugs before i realized it was the catylitic converter that had gone bad....luckily it was under 80k miles and still under factory warranty lol. wo0t :banana: good luck hopefully urs wont go that far if the problem persists or gets wores possibly lose a lot of power take it to a muffler shop and check the backpressure of the CC or if u can do it urself

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnot
          i ended up changing the coil packs, new wires and new NGK spark plugs before i realized it was the catylitic converter that had gone bad....luckily it was under 80k miles and still under factory warranty lol. wo0t :banana: good luck hopefully urs wont go that far if the problem persists or gets wores possibly lose a lot of power take it to a muffler shop and check the backpressure of the CC or if u can do it urself
          There's another simpler way.

Jack the car up, and get under it ( WITH JACK STANDS/SUPPORTS!! I never get under a car without Jack stands, or at least something to support it just in case it falls. ), at the catalytic converter, knock on it. You shouldn't hear anything rattling or moving around *inside*, if stuff is, the ceramic is getting blown out or it's getting clogged. Another way is to take it to a muffler shop and have them heat gun it while it's running.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X