Accelerator Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator Cable

Has anyone ever removed their accelerator cable from the throttle body? If so, how did you go about doing it?

I've sat there and tried to squeeze the little piece thats holding it in place with a pair of needle nose pliers and it seems as though nothing is budging. Is there an easier way to do this?

If I see no progress here shortly, I suppose I will try to disconnect it from the gas pedal and slide it through the firewall and leave it attached to the TB and just remove the TB :)

Edit: So, it's probably like 10 minutes later and, I got it finally. LoL
    I've been trying to squeeze it, to where both sides would stop hanging up and trying to push it down from there. Well, I decided to try something else, so I took a small flat head screwdriver and pushed it on one side and it popped right out. I feel like such an idiot. :) Everyone get a free laugh to start off your morning. ;)
    Last edited by Vanquish; 12-14-2006, 07:44 AM.

Re: Accelerator Cable

The first time I attempted to remove the cable was definately a Kodak Moment. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to finally realize that the cable had to be turned/loosened, and it fell out.

I've been there too:rolleyes:
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Accelerator Cable

I gurantee I was at it for more than 2 hours trying to squeeze it. But, I have leverage for my stupidity.................(insert excuse) I was following the Haynes Manual and doing exactly what it said to do.(end excuse)

It says to squeeze both sides and it will come out. The book is outside in the top drawer of my rolling tool box, but I will quote it later whenever I have it inside with me. I should call him and tell him to stop smoking the reefer when working on automobiles and writing what he does. :spank:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X