Another Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Problem...

Ok, so between work and school its taken me about 2 weeks to change the valve cover gaskets (I know, I'm a wimp). Anyway, I finally got it all put back together and when I finally get it started, it'll idle OK but when I give it gas it really stutters. When I try to move it, ALL the power is gone. Also, I had some smoke stuff coming up from the engine, but I think it was just the cleaner stuff I had used. However, I do seem to be leaking some type of fluid. It looks kinda like oil but its really runny and doesn't have a smell. My radiator was really rusty so maybe that could be it?

I'm guessing I hooked up some vacuum lines wrong or something. I got a bit confused when hooking up the lines to/from the fuel line and stuff; I didn't label them as well as I should have. If anyone has any suggestions at all, I would really appreciate them. Thanks.

Re: Another Problem...

Pictures are your best friend right about now. Take pics of the leaking fluid and try to take deatailed pics of the vac lines, so someone could try to diagnose the problem for you.
    sigpic

Comment

pics for sure, tho i am not liking the fact you mentioned you used cleaners....

Comment

OK sorry its taking so long, my work schedule really sucks. I'll be working on it tomorrow and I'll definetely get some pics. I'll get some pics of my custom intake too. :p

It wasn't cleaner I used, it was gasket remover stuff. I wiped it all off though, so I'm pretty sure it didn't do anything. The leak I had I'm pretty sure was just antifreeze that had gotten stuck up there because when I turned the car around (my driveway is slanted) it all fell out.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I rev the car above 2000 rpm it really starts to rasp loud. My car usually doesn't rasp until about 3200 rpm. It also has a really rough sound to it. If the car was misfiring would it idle ok but lose it when I rev it? I'm still wondering if I messed anything up around the fuel rail.:(

Comment

This morning my dad and I took a look at it, and it turns out I had the 4 and 6 spark plug wires switched around! It runs great now. But now I have an even bigger problem. Its dripping oil like crazy. I have no idea where it could be coming from; from what I can see the valve covers aren't leaking. The leak is a lot bigger now than it ever was. This is so depressing. :( I think I'll just take it to a shop.

Comment

might be the back of the valve covers, or rear main seal. Sometimes the oil pan gaskets leaks too, but the rear main seal is the most common on our engines
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X