use water to clean carbon out of engine - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

use water to clean carbon out of engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use water to clean carbon out of engine

my brother in law is a mechanic and he told me that the older caddies used to have a problem with carbon knock. He said that a mechanic that worked with him once poured water into the intake of a car that my brother in law test drove because it started knocking and that stopped the knocking. Can we do the same to our cars to clean out the carbon and if we can how do u do it.
    93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

I would just stick with Sea Foam. Do a search on it and you'll find a lot of info. ;)
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

yes, water works, ive done it. sea foam is much better though.

either one, pull the vaccum line off the left side of the throttle body, hold the bottle up to the metal tube sticking out, and let it suck the stuff in to the point of just bogging down.

Comment

how much water do u use i have read all of the articles on seafoam here just wanted to know
        93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

Comment

What I do is hook a 1' vacuum line up to the intake fitting, put my thumb over the open end, have someone start the car, and I move my thumb to the side a little bit so it doesn't stall the engine and I pour the seafoam into the vacuum until the engine stalls. (whew! long sentence)
          Let the engine sit for about 5 minutes, then I start it up and watch the smoke display. Takes a good 5-10 minutes for the engine to blow all of the smoke out, but it runs much better afterwards.

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

I've seen/used water on carb motors, never used it on fi cars. Little step-by-step guid for Sea Foam :cool:
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

You may find this interesting: Water Injection
              2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X