Intake Manfiold Bolt Q's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Manfiold Bolt Q's.

#3, that's a bolt? I'm pretty sure it is, lol! Uhm, either I'm looking at the wrong place on my car, or that bolt is missing, or broken off...there is also antifreeze pooling under the gasket on that part ( I know it's not the UIM gasket ), and it's green and sludgey, green = Regular antifreeze ( from what I remember. ) and that'd mean I need an antifreeze flush...and I suppose it could be my "leak" because it looks like it runs down the line to the back of the motor, where the previous owner thought it was the headgasket. Thoughts?

Re: Intake Manfiold Bolt Q's.

I would say that's correct, there should be a bolt there. When looking for a leak especially on the engine and trans always start at a highest point not where it appears to be. Everytime I've had a leak on previous cars it originated somewhere on the top end and ran down to what would have been a more costly spot.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

What's sweet is...If that's it, then even though "I was hoping for the best, expecting the worst", My headgasket should be fine, because it falls right where the previous owner though the headgasket was going. :banana:

But I won't celebrate yet...the bolt might be broken into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
        "I was hoping for the best, expecting the worst"
        That's always been my thinking, that way you can never go wrong. Best of luck and I hope it didn't break oof in there.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I wish the best of luck on your problem, and I surely hope it isn't the headgasket.

But, where did you get that picture?

I've searched, searched, and searched the internet and can never find any diagrams like that, but people on this forum throw them up at will. I want to be able to throw them up at will :( With all these diagrams, it makes expalining a certain part that you may not know the name of a lot easier.

Comment

I used autozone's ( -cringe- ) vehicle repair guide, it has diagrams.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
              I used autozone's ( -cringe- ) vehicle repair guide, it has diagrams.
              Is that found on the rack with the rest of the Haynes manuals?
              It's called "Autozone's Repair Guide"? It seems like a nice little investment to make if it has diagrams like that in it. :)

Comment

let us know moses.

i do believe i told you to check the intakes for leaks :p

do you have anymore pics like that? id like to get a bunch of those for a sticky.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

I could pile them together if you guys want. it's free, just scattered around the autozone website.

Comment

if you could sometime, i know alot of people would appreciate it. :)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

Should I put it in a seperate thread? ( seems like a dumb question, but you never know. lol. )

Comment

Yes, we would really, really appreciate it.

And yes, put it in another thread entitled "Illustrated Diagrams" or something along that affect.

Comment

Will do

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X