The Beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beater

Ok well my beater is, well being a beater. The belt squeaks like crazy sounds like i have a bird stuck in it. I got some belt dressing **** sprayed it on there and it stopped but then came back in less then 2 min. the gas gauge is ****ed up so it said i had a 1/4 of a tank left and i ran out of gas today so 3 of my friends and i pushed it a mile back to my house. We got it there filled it with a little gas and it still wouldnt start cause the battery died somehow. I turned everything off when we were pushing it and we were only pushing it for about 5 min so even if anything was on it couldnt have killed the battery. So i jumped it and it still would not start. So we pushed the car up the drive way into the garage and took the battery out. I charged it for about 5 min and put it back in and it started so now the battery is back out fully charging. The radio is on LOCk becuase the battery died. My dad was so pissed at me for who knows what reason. Now he wont let me drive the beater and i drive my car like 5-7 days out of the month at the most. Its supposed to rain tomorrow (garage kept) and i just cleaned it. He got the tank filled later that night then came back took the van and went somewhere so while he was gone i syphoned a few gallons out.(2.5 to be exact cause thats all my gas can holds) HE WILL PAY. :rant:

Re: The Beater

try hairspray on the belt. worked pretty good for me.

dunno about the battery.

probably need either a new fuel sending unit or at least a new float.

check the owners manual, it should tell you how to unlock the radio.

what kind of car is it anyways?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by homedog119
      the gas gauge is ****ed up so it said i had a 1/4 of a tank left and i ran out of gas today so 3 of my friends and i pushed it a mile back to my house
      lmao i was on the way to school and i ran out of gas to it says i havea half of a quarter tho haha

Comment

Its a 2000 cavalier and with all the Chevys i owned as far as ive known you have to bring it to a GM dealer and they punch in a code.

Comment

Originally posted by homedog119
          Its a 2000 cavalier and with all the Chevys i owned as far as ive known you have to bring it to a GM dealer and they punch in a code.
          What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Thefbomb13
            What do you mean?

For the radio, they come with a "lock" now for thieft prevention, once disconnected from a power source, they will lock up, and you cant use them until it is unlocked.

My teachers VeeDub has the code in the manual, dont have a clue about chevs

Comment

You are going to have to go to the GM dealership for it, or an audio shop. They will have it, and if you are friends with them I'm sure they will tell you what it is if they see you having the same problem in the future or if you don't strike them as a thief. :)

Sorry to hear about your problems with the beater. Try hairspray(as mentioned above) or dishwashing soap(that always works for me).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                2 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X