3.4L engine rattles? help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L engine rattles? help

was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem...

on acceleration, we hear a rattle that at first we thought was detonation, after seafoam & higher octane it was still doing it

its louder now and doesnt sound like the detonation MY cars have made, however it might still be

i'm almost wondering if its a rocker or something else in the valvetrain

we will hear it until the tranny shifts, she hears it more on the freeway (probably because it is in top gear and the rpm isnt low enough) so i've concluded its an rpm or resonance related problem

i've also heard of y-yipes making noise

it is defineately on the driverside front area of the car
    91 Mustang LX 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-daily driver, 210hp/300ft-lbs (outdated)<br />94 Ranger Splash 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-serious build up, shooting for 400+hp<br />95 Camaro 3.4 auto -hers<br />-she\'s workin on it

Re: 3.4L engine rattles? help

After I gutted my cat and put the flowmaster on my y-pipe rattles like mad when the AC is on and im stopped. Thats the only thing I can think of.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

can you give us a sound clip

Comment

same thing happens to me, and it is ANNOYING, cant get any sound clips for ya right now, the car is parked, Id like to get it resolved by spring though.

Comment

it would be too hard to get a sound clip, you have to pick it out from the road noise and other stuff going on, its not like a death rattle or anything

seems to be mostly around 3k rpm
          91 Mustang LX 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-daily driver, 210hp/300ft-lbs (outdated)<br />94 Ranger Splash 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-serious build up, shooting for 400+hp<br />95 Camaro 3.4 auto -hers<br />-she\'s workin on it

Comment

For me, it becomes a vibration at about 2800-3100 and ONLY in this range, in all 4 gears.

It feels like its coming from around my feet, in that general area. I would amost think it was a cat burnt out (I am going to replace it next spring and see if it works)

Comment

its not a vibration, the cat is new and on the other side of the car

Comment

pretty sure its the drivers side manifold heat shield, time for headers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X