What can i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can i do

I have a convert. and people have been braking into car around here. The guy next door to me has a convert. stang and the ripped his top off and stole his whole stereo system. I have a alarm on my car but i don't think that is going to cut it. Is there anything I can do to stop someone from doing the something

Thanks

Re: What can i do

put a pissed off doberman in the back seat?

dunno, if they want it that bad they get into it anyways. just dont keep anything worth money in your car and you'll be fine.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

put it in a garage
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

o yea and don't leave anything of value in plain view....

Also a cougar in the car always works. Scared Will Ferrall enough
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

A doberman, a cougar, those things may work. But, if you want to be for sure that nothing gets taken, get a trained kung fu elephant. Who would mess with that?

But, in all seriousness if they want to break into your car they will. It's a matter of making it easy for them, or giving them a reward for breaking into it. If you don't have a garage, park it under a lighted area (robbers hate having to work on something without darkness to aid them. Have nothing of value in the vehicle when it's parked. (Fun tidbit to pull on robbers when you know they are bad in the area: Leave a visor or two of completely blank cd's in the car. ) Also, have a backup battery on your car alarm, somewhere nice and hidden, like where your spare tire goes, because if they break in, the first thing they are going to do is pull your power wire to your alarm, so catch them off guard with a second source of power to it. :) While awake at night, stare out at it periodically to make sure nothing is going on, and also, never have a blindside to the car if it's out in the open. If you have it in your driveway, park it to where whatever window you will be looking out of at it, you can see the direct center of the back hatch, that way you can tell if any door/hood/trunk/hatch is open. If you can only see the side of the car, you can't tell if the other door is open with something kneeling down taking out things.

Good luck, also if they are bad in the area at this time, call the police station, let them know you would appreciate a curtesy ride by a few times a night. <-- this too will drive robbers out of the area and into somewhere with less traffic and commotion.

Comment

find them and :spank: them... they dont like that either.

Comment

Ok here is what you do.

Get 3 seperate batteries have the wires go to 2 strips of metal under the door handle and when the robber reaches for the handle he gets zapped lol and have some remote to turn it off :banana:

Comment

my mom has a sering convertable and some people came by and broke into it by cutting open the roof..
                the alarm sounded and scared them off

somthing you can do to keep them from stealing subs or w..e you might have is to bolt it all down and make sure that none of it can be stolen, lock your glove comp. and take the faceplate off your H.U.

Comment

So 95firebird, are you in an apartment or a house? Is the car sitting in your driveway or out in a parking lot?
                  2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Aparently, his car didn't come equipped with the trunk monkey.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...k+Monkey&hl=en

Comment

Don't keep ANYTHING in your car. No jackets, not old bookbags, no emty grocery sacks, nothing. If it looks like something could be in there, then they will take it. Most of the people that I know of that have been broken into have left things in the car that look like they are of value. While it may be funny to think your clever to leave blank cd's or a broken cd player laying in the seat as a "ho ho ho" joke on the robber, just remember that it's a $1500 top replacement or a $200 window replacement that's the real price of that oh so funny joke.

Don't keep anything in the car, and don't try sticking crap under the seats or in the trunk (you don't think people watch?).

Layer your alarm system. If you already have an alarm get a steering wheel club. Do they work? It doesn't matter, none of that crap does, but it one more piece of **** that they have to deal with.

Vanquish is right on, park in a well lit place, preferably next to the dumb *** that left his crap laying in the front seat of his car.
                      Last edited by landj; 12-11-2006, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I didn't think about my joke when dealing with a convertible. Yeah, that's the easiest way for them to get in and that is exactly what they will do. But, if they are breaking into a car in a residential neighborhood, they almost never break the window unless they are idiots or just happen to have a piece of porcelain(is that how you spell it?) handy. Because without the piece of porcelain(preferably from a spark plug) it's going to make noise when it shatters and will wake someone up. With a firebird, the easiest way it too grab the back of the window and shove it towards the front of the car and then push down and it will give you enough clearance to reach in and unlock the door. Or, just have a hanger and pull out on the window and unlock it with a hanger.

So yeah, don't do the funny thing I mentioned. But do like landj said and if you are in a parking lot, park it next to the idiot that has his cd player face on or something of value inside the car, they will go for that one first. Though, they usually look to sports cars first, due to them being the easiest to break into being they have no frame on the top of the window. Other things robbers look for when searching for the easiest things to break into are trucks with back sliding glass windows, or the little triangle windows in front of the main window on old pickups.

And also people with shaved door handles that were dumb enough to put an emergency popper button underneath their car. Kind of like the one on "Gone in Sixty Seconds" Solenoids will never fail, they will last longer than the life of the car. Only thing you have to worry about is a fuse blowing underneath the hood, so never put an emergency popper switch on the outside of your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by 98RED3.8
                          Aparently, his car didn't come equipped with the trunk monkey.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...k+Monkey&hl=en

LOL Thats what everyone needs.
                          Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X