Windshield wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield wiper

Everytime it rains and i turn on my windshield wipers the bottom right of the glass doesnt get wiped because of how the glass is curved but my wiper doesn't curve.. Do i have to get special windshield wipers or is the "normal"?

Re: Windshield wiper

I've got a set of "winter" blades (the spreaders are covered by a rubber boot) and have the same problem as you. I going to change them out for a set of those Reflex blades. Basically they are just a metal strip with the blade attached and are pre-bent in an arch when unloaded. I'm betting that they have enough arch to keep in contact with the window in that lower right corner.
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

I use Trico Exact Fit blades.
      http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=326&ptset=A

Depending on what year your car is it may be easier to find blades that fit well.

Comment

I had this problem and thought some how I needed new arms cause it followed to the replacement set of wiper blades that I bought. I went to the dealship and the guy brought out new blades and they did it too. He said my wiper arms were fine. He messed with it for about 15-20 minutes and finally got it them to seat corectly. There is some sort of groove that they need to get into. I couldn't really see what groove he was talking about but my point is if there not installed properly they will do this. I had replaced my blades multiple times from autozone or whereever and never had a problem but then two sets in a row I didn't seat them right. Then the guy at dealership didn't seat ac delco right either, then got them to seat. Look for a lip or groove or anything design wise that the blade may be sitting on, this will be your problem.
        Originally posted by kala
        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

I'm not sure what model car you have, but on my 97 Camaro I had an identical problem. I ended up going to oreillys and buying a set of ancos that were made different from the standard style it was something about the connectors that hooked up in the wiper arms. After putting these on though, I've not had the problem. I hope this helps.

Comment

ok...because our wiper arms are upside down...there is no winter or special blades...only trico 24-9R blades...i baught them from advance auto...scratch that...stole them from my job :p

Comment

in other words yes you need special blades, our little clips are backwards or whatever you wanna call them
              Last edited by Chevy16; 12-05-2006, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy16
                in other words yes you need special blades, or little clips are backwards or whatever you wanna call them
                No you don't need special. The ones I have now are stock ac delco blades. I had previously installed the basic ones from autozone or advance I just didn't install them propperly the last two times and had the gap at the bottom.
                Originally posted by kala
                I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                parting her out

Comment

someone does sell "special" ones for our cars. I bought some when i got my car ages ago.
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X