Repair/Maintenance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair/Maintenance Question

I don't have much time. Did a little browsing before I posted. Sorry if it's a repost.

Having trouble with my right turn signal. It's a new bulb, and when I put my turn signal on, it works fine in the rear, but up front it just...sits there, doesn't flash. Same thing if I turn on the flashers. All the others work just the front passenger sits there...It dims and brightens barely, like you have to stare into the parking lamp to see it.

Re: Repair/Maintenance Question

probably have some high resistance in the circuit. are you sure you got the correct bulb? how did the socket look? was it clean?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Check your wires going to the light. Also, make sure you are getting a clean, good connection to the bulb. If the bulb fitting looks dirty or corroded, I would suggest that you clean it and try again. Also, try switching your driver's and passenger side bulbs and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate not yelling at me. lol. I literally have 10 minutes or so, and I'm sure you might've read this crap before. I'll be in and out checking on the bulb.

Comment

Fixed it...Took the bulb out, inspected the socket, turned the bulb around and stuck it back in. It works so far.

It's one of those...:slap: moments.

Comment

my turn signal has seemed to stop... but i think it might be because of the cold can the cold cause the turn signal just not to function??

Comment

The weather should have no factor in anything electrical not working. Unless of course you have a cut in your wire somewhere and it has created so much moisture on the wire that it fried the wire, or worse, it got so cold inside one of the wires that you went to use it and it snapped in half.

I would take out your bulb and inspect the connector and then trace your wires as far as you can to make sure that they are in good shape.

Comment

ya i donno whats up with it. it worked b4 but that was like last week and i didnt drive her. and i just replaced the bulb but ill check it out

i dont even get the ticking noise from inside the car

Comment

When the other bulb in the signal goes out, it will stop flashing. It's telling you the other one' burnt out.
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

yea i found the bulb that was shot... in fact the plastic from the bulb was melted to the plug so ya i was kinda happy that i did find it because it looked dangerous

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X