K&N install question[s]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N install question[s]

I had this posted under an old thread in the intake/exhaust section, and no one has replied, I think it's more appropriate here in the tech section. Mods can lock or delete this thread: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=72286
    I dont mean to spam threads--just want these question answered, so heres the main question:

i just got my brand new k&n fipk from fed ex this morning and i had some questions. It is part no 5730101 K&N FIPK gen 2. it says its for 93-95 3.4Ls and 93-97 5.7Ls, and i have a 96 3.8L. So i was wondering if anyone else has put the exact same cai on their 3.8??? Many have already said that it will indeed work [on the other thread], but the following makes me question:

Originally posted by RadRacer
    Intakes from the 5.7 and 3.4 will fit the 3.8. All you need is the LT1 elbow to put it on. I have the moroso intake on my car ATM. If you're tight on money, instead of getting an elbow for $70, go buy a reducing 90* elbow and a 3" coupler. That's how mine's on, and it's on there good and tight. It's a snug fit, but it's in there.
    Do i really need this lt1 elbow? it seems like everything i need is here in the box and it seems the stock parts for the cars are the same when i look at the diagram in the k&n instructions.. i could be wrong though. so whats the deal? do i have to get one of these before i try to put this thing on?

another noob question: where is the retainer pin on 96 3.8Ls?

Re: K&N install question[s]

I don't know the awnser to your question but I think the previous post in intake/exhaust section was in the correct location and you may need to give it a litle bit of time for someone to respond. You posted on a saturday night people went out and are just waking up getting rid of hangovers. Sadly I've been at work the the whole weekend. Have some patience and someone will help out I'm sure.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

Yeah, I knew it was a little early, I guess I just got discouraged because theres a new thread there in intake/exhaust that just posted at 5am this morning that has like 5 replies already, but even with that I realize I should be more patient--thanks for :slap: some sense into me man

Comment

sup Julian!

youre gonna need an intake sleeve http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=SS8

also a 90* elbow http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...ory_Code=R9DEN

you can always get a LT1 Elbow but thatll cost you ~$50, might as well buy a brand new one off slp. good luck!

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Originally posted by j sofa
          I had this posted under an old thread in the intake/exhaust section, and no one has replied, I think it's more appropriate here in the tech section. Mods can lock or delete this thread: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=72286
          I dont mean to spam threads--just want these question answered, so heres the main question:

i just got my brand new k&n fipk from fed ex this morning and i had some questions. It is part no 5730101 K&N FIPK gen 2. it says its for 93-95 3.4Ls and 93-97 5.7Ls, and i have a 96 3.8L. So i was wondering if anyone else has put the exact same cai on their 3.8??? Many have already said that it will indeed work [on the other thread], but the following makes me question:

Do i really need this lt1 elbow? it seems like everything i need is here in the box and it seems the stock parts for the cars are the same when i look at the diagram in the k&n instructions.. i could be wrong though. so whats the deal? do i have to get one of these before i try to put this thing on?

another noob question: where is the retainer pin on 96 3.8Ls?
          Heh, you quoted me :P I feel special now. But ya, the 3.8's go directly from the TB to the silencer, where as the 3.4s and 5.7s gon't. Their silencer is a tube like that comes off the elbow. Like I said, you can either buy the LT1 elbow, or get a 90* and 3" coupler off www.intakehoses.com . That's what I did, and it's still together. Again, like I already said, I've got the Moroso intake, but the K&N should be the same. It's a tight squeeze with the 90* and coupler, but it will fit. Just, when you clamp the coupler to the elbow, you have to tighten it down just right. Not tight enough, and it will slip off, but too tight and (since it's rubber on rubber) the inner rubber peice will fold over and allow the coupler to slip off. It's not hard, just guess and you'll most likely be fine. Hope this helps
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Hey RadRacer, I was waiting for you to see this and reply! Man, I'm glad you posted, you too Gilbert--thanks man. Helps alot, but RadRacer, could I bother you to show me what exact parts to order--I want to just go ahead and get exactly what you got so I know it will work: from what I hear the moroso and K&N are pretty much the same so yeah that shouldnt be a problem. If you could just post up the link to the choices I think its the link that Gilbert, gugdathug3, used a few posts up, and tell me you have either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...etc. 1 being the one at the top of the page and so forth--that would be greatly appreciated! oh if you could also do the same thing for clamps and coupler or intake sleeve or whatever it is that would be good too:naughty: Thanks man, sorry to ask so much! Also RadRacer, do you have any links to pics of your engine bay that i can check out? It would help if i could see how your moroso looks installed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X