Engine oil cooler???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine oil cooler???

Does anybody know if there is one available for our engines?
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

I wondered about this too. I saw some in summit book and seems like there is a sandwich adapter that goes between the oil filter and where it connects. However, I wonder where you could mount one? There is tight space in the engine compartments, or at least seems to be.
    Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

I found one company called Derale. Anybody know anything about them? They have engine, trans, and power steering oil coller kits and parts.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Why do you want an engine oil cooler? If you're running good oil you really don't need one on our cars, the oil never gets above about 220degF for us under even harsh conditions [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Not to mention theyre prone to leaking, are difficult to drain, and require additional oil in the system!
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I'm putting about 5000 miles a month on the car, most of it at 70+mph on the freeway. Anything that helps increase the longevity of the engine is good....I'm using Redline oil right now, so I'm going to double check with them, but I figure a cooler certainly can't hurt, especially if it doesn't cost much.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dominic:
            [QB]Why do you want an engine oil cooler?

Have YOU used one? Im sure your going on some kid who knows a dude who knows a guy who had one leak :rolleyes: Engine oil cooler= cooler running engine = better performance

Comment

My 95 Blazer has one stock. I'll see about tracing the lines & see where they spliced into it.
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

what engine temp are you trying to reach?

100 degrees?
                get a frggin' 160 thermo, put a $10 fan switch in (although you wont need it at 70mph)and at 70mph on a 150 degree day your engine wont see above 180 tops.

theres got to be a peak oil temp, it cant be on the cold side, i think you guys are poking this stuff to death [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] &lt;-------
                - \"So you have something to look at when you\'re talking to \'em\" - <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X