3000rpm to move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3000rpm to move

Someone wanna tell me why it takes my car 3000rpm+ to move. Im just a little mad right now because it took me a month to get this swap done, and i dont really feel like taking it all apart again!:rant: :mad:

EDIT:
    idk if this helps but...it has no exhaust from the manifolds back right now, and it low on tranny fluid.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Re: 3000rpm to move

Originally posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
    low on tranny fluid.
    :rolleyes:
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Be careful with the low fluid. You can do a whole lotta damage if it's engaging at 3k rpm's! I'd fill it sooner than asap!!!
      sigpic

Comment

that and I hope the convertor got bolted back on correctly....

Comment

hmm, was the tranny all stock? Also please fill it up ASAP
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

both are good reasons....lol

i cut my exhaust off from the manifolds back and drove around...2500 to move ANYWHERE

forget about reverse

Comment

I didnt think it was that low, but a trip to napa and 1 quart later it moves!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: took it for a little joy ride around the block off open manifolds.

Thanks for the help everyone, i was just a littlke stressed and not thinking right.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
              '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

excellent, keeping my fingers crossed for that same type of ride in 6 weeks or so.

Comment

^^god its the greatest feeling in the world...well...besides..:naughty: ;)

'66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X