how fast will these parts make me go - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how fast will these parts make me go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how fast will these parts make me go

:banana: thanks alot guys, il proably add NOS to it adventualy for the hell of it.

ive also just thought about other mdos such as carbon fiber hood and other fiber parts...for style/performance

just wait...il be running 10's :spank: supras in no time!! haha <v6

ive also just thought about other mdos such as carbon fiber hood and other fiber parts...for style/performance

but yeah thanks for the info!

:naughty: :tup:

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
      i know a V6 running a 12.55 on a 55 shot and just put on a 2 stage 230 wet shot... lol

Thats not bad. My Z was hitting those times stock, best with slicks and nitrous was 12.4, which is pretty good for my gears.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty
        heres a list of wat i waas thinkin of gettn evenutlyly

Cold air intake
        Ehaust (have it)
        Headers
        no cats
        H-pipe, flowmaster muffler
        cam
        valave springs
        roller rockers
        3.73 gears
        ECM
        _____

then like NOS or Supercharger for fun..but dont count these

so with all the above parts excpet nos/supercharger.... what do u think? can i beat LS1/LT1? etc

i need opiuns and ideas!! thanks!

Ok lets break this down. The 3.73 gears alone (assuming you add the LSD with it) will knock .3 off your stock 15.5 (keeping in mind that disconnecting the exhaust, intake and belt on a stock car can give you numbers as low as 14.4). So with gears and that setup you can reach 14.2 but this is very impractical and i only brought it up for compairson. Now a SLP cold air intake (with a K&N filter) will actually make your engine produce more power than your intake/filter removed completely. No intake/filter may have more flow but it is hotter air (hot intake charge can lead to knock and with a motor with 2 knock sencors timming retard can cause signifagant power loss) and less oxygenated.The power differance in the 2 is probibly around 20%. So at best its .1 second better so that brings us to 14.1 . Now as far as exhaust goes, the exhaust setup you have listed would have just about the exact same power gains as an open stock exhaust believe it or not. Only differance is one is legal(with a quick cat install lol) and sounds good and the other is highly illegal and sounds like ***. But for power its about the same so we are still at 14.1 . Here is the one that hurts. That belt has to go back on and that sucker robs close to 20 hp or more which is as much as .4 seconds. That bumps us up to 14.5 . Now as far as the cam and valvetrain im gonna say we are talking an average agressive but streetable cam here. So it would be safe to say that your looking at close to a 20 hp gain. Easly good for .4 with the RR and springs. And we are back to 14.1 . Finally that brings us to the tune. Putting a good tune on a stock car can give you as much as 15 hp. A tune for all the mods listed and your looking at atleast 20 hp increase. At the very least a good tune is good for .3. That puts us at 13.8.

13.8 seconds in the 1/4 mile if....

1. You hook right up on launch.
        2. Its 50* outside.
        3. Your at sea level.
        4. You have a M5 and shift vertually perfect.

There is a member on this forum that has run a 14.4 with a stock car with the exhaust, intake and belt off so im not bullsh¡tting you.

Mmmhmm.... Reckon u might make me some biskets... mmmhmm

Comment

Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
            bahaha thats what i was doing lol

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr96
              i was able to run a best of 9.9 in the 8th. i dunno exactly where that puts me with the quarter
              about a 15.44 :D. And, are there any cons to running with your belt off? I'm going to the track this weekend, and was thinking I might take off my belt. I'd do it while waiting in line obviously, not while driving to the track, but would it hurt anything? How much would I gain from doing it?

My Car:
              1997 3.8 Camaro
              Magnaflow Cat-Back
              Moroso CAI
              Aluminum DS
              Last edited by RadRacer; 12-14-2006, 05:11 PM.
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

didnt that one guy say it was somewhere near a 20 hp difference? yep, yep he did. something like a .4 difference in the quarter which i find kinda iffy. the pro is obviously no belt drag so you make more power. the con is that you dont have a belt running your water pump so your engine will heat up REALLY fast, no belt on your alternator which could in fact cause you to lose power due to crappy spark, no powersteering when pulling into the staging lanes, having to put it back on when your done, all in all its probably a bad idea, if you think about all the different things your belt operates.:tup:

i know you were just poking fun but my friend has one of those G-force things with the 1/4 mile setting and what not. they tested it and out of 30 passes at the track with it, it was only ever .1 off at max. he used it on my car with me driving and i pulled out a 14.7 (that was before the cold air, before the headers, before the LSD) just for the record.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X