Low trac light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low trac light!

Alright heres one for yas, i was driving down the road the other day and the low trac light just came on, i wasnt speeding or anything, anyway when the light comes on regularly it prevents me from accelerating... well it didnt turn off and i couldnt go, i was just rolling down the road at like 25 MPH about a whole minuter later it turned off and then it did it again after the next stop light. i turned off the car and it hasnt done it sense. *last week* anyway id like to turn it off completely is there a way to do that? it affects my take off as well so it needs to go lol. sorry for the paragraph/story thanks for the help :-D :wavey:

Re: Low trac light!

pull the abs sensor out of your rear and see if theres and metal deposits on it...had that hapen to a friend...and if u cant get your abs light to go out...check your tail lights...don't ask how i know that...the story is longer than the insite on 3.4s thread

Comment

low trac light is reffered to as abs? anti lock brake system comes to mind when i see that lol...ill have to look up where that sensor in the "rear" is cuz i dont know offhand lol and what am i checking for on the lights...

Comment

haha its kinda stupid...but thats the abs light...the sensor is on the pumpkin...sometimes it gets buggered up with shards of metal fileings

Comment

If the low trac light comes on it usually means low traction

Comment

well the sensor cant read right if its buggered up

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
              or so they tell us...
              2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by Tech

no its when the tires can't stop gripping...heres your sign....

Comment

in the rear on the pumpkin...i feel stupid or something because i still dont know wtf a pumpkin is reffering to a part on a car lol. is that like the rear differential? anyway i kinda just didnt want it to ever turn on again is there a way to change that from on to off or buy another part that doesnt include the abs

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnot
                    in the rear on the pumpkin...i feel stupid or something because i still dont know wtf a pumpkin is reffering to a part on a car lol. is that like the rear differential? anyway i kinda just didnt want it to ever turn on again is there a way to change that from on to off or buy another part that doesnt include the abs

yes, rear differentail is commonly called the pumkin.what year is your car? i have a 98 ( they didnt have trac. control untill 99 i think ) and when i romp on it and the light comes on nothing happens, i can still keep spinning them, no loss of power. so im going to have to agree with everyone else that something's not working correctly.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

my 94 just goes...the light on mine is there for..."hey your sliding...but i'm not going to do any thing about it"

Comment

That happen to me when a couple of times when I was driving on the freeway. I was doing 55-60 the low traction light comes on. I notice my car losses power right away. I switch the abs off and it come off, but when I switch it back on it come right on. I have a 01 Camaro.

Comment

IM TELLING U...!!!!!!!! check the rear abs sensor in the differential it causing the problem...

Comment

trac control is an option for the cars
                            if you can handle not having abs you can pull the relay from the box in the engine compartment and that should take care of it your abs light will stay on and possibly the trac light but it shouldnt affect anything other than having no trac control and no abs other wise just clean or replace the sensor if that doesnt work start tracing wires you'll probably find a short:banana:

Comment

alright, thought it was the rear diff cant assume though when it comes to cars heh. anyway ill check that sensor out tomorrow when i get to work, and for whoever it was that asked my car is a 2002 and when the light comes on not all the time but the majority of the time i lose total power until the light goes back off and then i can accelerate fine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X