low fuel light? Which years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low fuel light? Which years?

got a 98 maro, used with 100k, ive had the gas needle as low as it could possibly be, does the car not have a low fuel light or is mine burnt out? i know some 90's cars had no low fuel light and this is why i ask...thanks
    white 98 v6 camaro A4

Re: possibly a stupid question...

There should be a light that comes on that says "Check Guages". It will happen when the needle starts touching the red of empty. If your gettin that low and not seeing it you probably have a light out. Not sure of the type of light but just search for insturment lights and there's something, I remeber searching for it.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I've never seen mine come on before.........

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

At least on the '02 Firebird the Check Gauges is in the lower left corner. Turn the key to Run, but do not start it, to do the bulb check. If you see an obvious blank spot that's probably where it is. There's a ton of lights on the left side. Also, sometimes if you get the sun to fall just right on the instrument panel, you can see where the words are for those little lights
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

I have never had a light come on for gas, I haven't ran out yet either so I dunno if it actually comes on
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ya i always wondered about this...someone please do an experiment!

Comment

I've run out of gas in a 95 3.4L M5. I don't remember seeing the Check Gauges light comed on, but it wasn't my car, so it might have been burnt out.

I've got to the red line in my gas gauge before and my check gauges light didn't come on, and i know it works, and it was on once before when i sprung a huge oil leak that emptied my crank case to near no oil pressure...that was a close call..
              Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 11-28-2006, 03:31 PM.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

my 00 has a check gauges light
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I'll bet they enabled the Check Gauges light for low fuel only in later years. I wish they would have had a yellow Low Fuel light. That red Check Gauges light always makes me panic a little when it comes on.
                  2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

I have a 98 firebird and ran out on inopertune night. So check the needle, cause there is no warning.

Comment

i got a 2000 camaro. I'm telling you all when it hits the top of the red the light comes on that says check guages. I can't have a freak model, someone else must have this too.
                      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I got a 2001 ... the check gages light definitely comes on when I'm near low.
                        Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

ok so we have confirmation on 00-01 having a light and 98 not having a light so far. maybe it is a 99+ thing, anyone else have any input?
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

My 00 maro has it but it comes on with about 1/8th of a tank

Comment

my 94 dont do smack when im low...i ve stalled befor its come on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X