do you have to buy new o2 sensor with af gauge? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you have to buy new o2 sensor with af gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you have to buy new o2 sensor with af gauge?

I have a problem with hacking on a new o2 sensor, isnt there a way to hook up an af gauge without splicing the wires?

You're going to have to access that wire somewhere. And that's eventually going to mean splicing of some sort. You could always get one of the "instant-splicers" at radioshack if you're not into cutting the wires your self.

Or, the more extremem option would be to hooke up another O2 sensor. You'd need a weld-in bung, another O2, and some wire. You'd also need drill into you're exhaust. That would be way overdoing though...

Comment

Why don't you splice into the wire that goes to the PCM instead of at the 02 sensor?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jerriko:
        Why don't you splice into the wire that goes to the PCM instead of at the 02 sensor?<hr></blockquote>

I'll give you 20 bucks if you can actually find that one lonely wire among the hundreds of others. ( I won't really give you money, but you get my drift, it's a jungle up there!)

Don't use those cheap piggyback clips either. I used one on Darkthoughts5000's car and it straigt up confused his computer. They are junk.

Just suck it up, rub one off and wire that mofo. Its the pink wire if you are curious.
        1999 red camaro v6 M5: with a turbo<br />13.52@107.99<br />No, seriously: Who Farted? <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by malice10985:

I'll give you 20 bucks if you can actually find that one lonely wire among the hundreds of others. ( I won't really give you money, but you get my drift, it's a jungle up there!)

<hr></blockquote>

That's a shame, I would gladly take your money.
          ;)

Comment

zooomer at zzp said the tech edge pigtail they sell will work with our cars and i wouldnt have to splice any o2 wires, i would rather do this than be a retard and hack away at new o2 sensors.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X