Heater Hose wont seat back in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Hose wont seat back in

does anyone know the trick to getting the heater hose to seat back in? says twist and pull to get out but wont go back in tight, thanks for any replys

Re: Heater Hose wont seat back in

There isn't any trick really, you just have to fiddle with it a little. I would suggest if you have a stubby flat head screwdriver, to stick it in the hose and push it against the heater core pipe and try to stretch it over it until it slides on completely.

And, I don't really want to suggest this, as it may create a leak down the road, but if you have a pair of diagonals, cut the very tip of the hose to make it slide onto the connecting pipe with ease. Just make sure that you have the clamp at least 1/2 inch further down then the end of your cut.
    Do that only as a last resort. Fiddle with it and fiddle with it some more, because I would really hate for you to have to resort to this and it cause a leak in your hose somewhere down the line.

Comment

Thanks for the info, sorry for not being more specific, but the heater hoses are the quick connect ones, found in another tread that they have an o ring, that was my problem, laying on the ground under the car! thanks again

Comment

No problem, I'm here to help and have other people help me when they can.

And if you've seen some of my posts, there are just certain things I have no clue what it is or what it does, so everyone here is a lot of help to me.

Comment

Lube em up with a bit of dish soap, works on all kinds of connections. Will help make the QD slide on without the o-ring binding and getting pulled out of place.
          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X