O2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensor

I was starting my car for the first time after the swap and i heard a pop, and saw smoke. It was the o2 sensor, the wires just fried, anyone know why this would happen?

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Re: O2 sensor

short to power basically. to much voltage ran though that/those wires
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Would it just be easier to get an o2 sim instead of a new sensor?

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
      '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
      '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Damn! thats crazy, check your fuses too. may not be one for the o2 sensor but maybe something fuse-wise would cause that.
        Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
          Would it just be easier to get an o2 sim instead of a new sensor?
          well, unless the problem originated there, sim or not, it will happen again.

I would go buy a used on first to test what happens.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            3 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X